3rd worst bus service in UK

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/business/city-bus-service-third-worst-new-study-now-says-1-4702554

RESEARCHERS who claimed Sheffield had the worst bus service in the UK - despite taking their data when the city was hosting the Olympic Torch relay - have admitted they got it wrong.

Software developers behind the UK Bus Checker programme last week said 57 per cent of buses in the city were late, the worst in the country.

After The Star pointed out their survey had been conducted when the Olympic Torch was passing through the city, the researchers resampled their data.

Yesterday morning they found 46 per cent of buses were more than 30 seconds late, making Sheffield the third-worst city behind Norwich and Middlesborough.

The worst-delayed bus was the number 53 to Mansfield, running nearly half an hour behind schedule.

But David Young, SYPTE director of customer experience, said 90 per cent of buses in Sheffield arrive within five minutes of schedule - the Department of Transport definition of an ‘on-time’ bus.

The worse service is the 53. Funnily enough we have two '53' services. So just imagine how late you would be if you caught the regular service to Lowedges did an hour or so round trip to get back into town where you could wait for the 53 you intended to catch which is running 30 minutes late.

Sheffield - open for business.

Opening hours; Nobody knows.

LOL the 53 to Mansfield gets my vote as the worst too, hours late or missing, no heating in winter or blastin it out in summer, fumes fill the seating area and make commuters vomit,a break down or 2 per trip isn't uncommon.

I commuted on this said bus for over 3 years between Mansfield and Sheffield after they axed the 747.

The busses from Mansfield are older then the drivers behind the wheel and they really really show it.

That's a fairly ridiculous way to decide who has the worst bus services though; a town which has no buses at all, will have 0% of its buses running late and would top the list!

Try living in Aston, Anston & Dinnington. Compared with those the Mansfield one runs like clock-work.

46 per cent of buses were more than 30 seconds late

It's an outrage - lets storm the Town Hall!

If you told most people that over half of all buses in Sheffield arrive within thirty seconds, I think they'd be impressed! Or are we all so "time poor" these days?

Sounds about right. The 47/48 buses never run on time, I've even waited for over an hour for a service that's supposed to run every 12 minutes. David Young talks a load of BS :gag:

Number 20 first bus company is shocking. In a morning it is always late or missing. Get stage coach to run buses down Halifax Rd into Hillsborough please.

Number 20 first bus company is shocking. In a morning it is always late or missing. Get stage coach to run buses down Halifax Rd into Hillsborough please.

I looked on other towns that had the flame mainly in the city centres Nottingham for one and Derby they all had extra buses on and reduced there fares sheffield never did .

Worst bus service has to be the 95 at night. I waited at Flat Street for the 2200 departure back home last night. It failed to turn up. The next one timed from there at 2240 also failed to turn up. I believe this is on the same diagram and therefore the same vehicle, which would meant the last one (2320) was most also failed to show up. I ended up getting the 52.

Most unfair. Can I put in a vote for svc. 4 along Psalter Lane, please, as it's the rightful holder of this title?

Sounds about right. The 47/48 buses never run on time, I've even waited for over an hour for a service that's supposed to run every 12 minutes. David Young talks a load of BS :gag:

Spot On, Its like the a wagon train with the 47/48 they come in threes and fours just how can they catch up to each other when they are supposed to be 12 minutes apart?

I'd settle for buses being 30 seconds late, I get an extra 30 seconds when I'm running late to catch them.