Just want to say thankyou. - man at asda at handsworth

I know it’s a long shot but thought I would give it a try, I would really like to thank this person or at least let him know how much is honesty is appreciated.

I was in the Handsworth Asda store last night at around 7pm, my 5 year old daughter wanted to go and buy a toy from there last night with her spending money she had been saving up and some extra she had been given because she had fallen down earlier in the day and hurt her leg so it was a bit of a spare of the moment thing to try and cheer her up. She had been so excited to have all this money and begged me to allow her to hold it herself and promised not to lose it; within 15 minutes she had lost it. Bottom lip quivering and tears welling in eyes I was devastated just looking at her little face. After we had retraced our steps at least 3 times, I asked an assistant if anyone had handed it in in all honesty I never expected to get it back but was surprised when she said someone had handed it in.

All I know is that someone called Tyrone had handed it in, it was £25 in a white envelope lost upstairs somewhere. I never expected that someone would hand it in but thankful they did and they made a little girl very happy. I just want to let him know how grateful I am for him handing it in, it just goes to sure there are still honest and decent people around.

thats a good human story, glad it was good for you and your little girl :)

what a wonderful story. im so pleased for you and that your little one got her money back. I was a little sceptical about this forum yesterday, as it seems to be full of crazy folk, but your post just proves there are decent things to discuss. well done to you!

It had a very happy ending, even the assistant was surprised someone had handed it in. I just wish he could know what it meant to my daughter to get it back and how grateful I am.

Yes the forum has its fair share of crazy people! and I don't often post these days due to that but thought this guy deserved a mention.

It had a very happy ending, even the assistant was surprised someone had handed it in. I just wish he could know what it meant to my daughter to get it back and how grateful I am.

Yes the forum has its fair share of crazy people! and I don't often post these days due to that but thought this guy deserved a mention.

if I were him, the reward is that of being a good samaritan, and handing it in. :)

Well done Mr Tyrone, whoever you are. ;)

Too right.

Thank you for all the lovely comments my daughter was very happy to be reunited with her money, so thank you Tyrone.

Aww, what a nice story :)

There are some decent people left in the worls after all! Well done Tyrone, whoever you are!

Maybe next time your daughter will be more willing to let you look after her money!! :)

eh?

What a bizarre little rant.

I think badlittlepup summed it up very succinctly.

And very well done to Tyrone too. You see so many people on here saying how they'd keep money if they found it, sometimes I wonder how many honest people are left in the world.

Edited by irenewilde