Looks like circumcision could be banned.

The rights of children against irreversible physical harm must ALWAYS prioritise over the parents' beliefs which may or may not be correct.

Is circumcision irreversible physical harm. In the 70s when I was born it was routinely done to the majority of male children and has never caused them any physical harm? Arguably it has actually done them some serious potential physical good (back to the WHO report)

Because a) your not a god and b) you didn't tell him to cut the earlobes off his descendants. And yes it is a straw man!

I'm going to make it easier for you, as you seem to have straw in your eyes.

If my neighbour worshipped me, and he BELIEVED I was a god incarnate ( I don't see how you think this is any more ridiculous than it happening in the bible) and he made a covenant (an agreement/promise) with me to remove his earlobes (those things which have no use and removal helps prevent cancer of the earlobe) and the earlobes of his descendants, without their consent or consultation...

remembering your own words "Just because you don't believe in it doesn't make them wrong"...

How is that a straw man, and do you think it would be acceptable for his great, great, great, great, great, great, great grandsons to have their earlobes removed without their consent, as infants?

You're perfectly entitled to criticise it yes.

Thank you for permission.

But if it forms a strong and central element to the Jewish faith and identity (as it is for the vast majority) so they should be entitled to carry it out.

It hasn't always been a central element, and I doubt it always will be.

Metzitzah b’peh, circumcision and suction by mouth, forms a strong and central element to the Orthodox Jewish faith. Should they be entitled to carry it out despite some widely reported deaths?

Many advocates of FGM claim it forms a strong and central element to their religious faith and identity.

Should we allow anything to be carried out if it is claimed to form a strong and central element to religious faith and identity? If not, who decides?

I think you need to quantify your "many" as far as I can see from a quick bit of research circumcision is still very much the norm with only a very small minority not performing it.

I don't think I do.

There are many consenting voices, even within the Jewish community, which shows the practice to be more cultural and less religious. Not that this makes it any less immune from criticism.

Is circumcision irreversible

Yes, unless you have a lot of money and suitable donor skin. And a GOOD surgeon.

...physical harm.

yes, from here:

"harm

Pronunciation: /hɑːm/

noun

[mass noun]

physical injury, especially that which is deliberately inflicted"

In the 70s when I was born it was routinely done to the majority of male children and has never caused them any physical harm?

Other than the loss of a body part, I don't know, has there ever been a study into other harm caused by it?

Arguably it has actually done them some serious potential physical good (back to the WHO report)

What does this have to do with the topic of religious/ritual circumcision?

No-one has claimed that God would define that boys should be born sans prepuce but they should have it removed on their 8th day as a sign of the covenant. It's the covenant that's important not the sans prepuce.

Why would an omniscient omnipotent deity require a covenant or agreement with a mere mortal ( a mere mortal's parents in this case) ?

What's the point of creating mankind, choosing some of them :hihi:, and then giving the chosen the opportunity of disproving the omniscience and omnipotence of the deity by choosing to opt out of being chosen and opt in to remaining unmutilated.

The grand scheme appears flawed.

Neither do a huge percentage of the world's population. The best bit is that some will say it about one religion, whilst disagreeing amongst themselves about the "does not apply in this day and age/it is God's word and must be obeyed" of their OWN religion.

Is there some sort of holy book appendix where it states what rules have to be followed literally and what rules you can show flexibility? It would also have to tell you the rules you can ignore.

Why would an omniscient omnipotent deity require a covenant or agreement with a mere mortal ( a mere mortal's parents in this case) ?

What's the point of creating mankind, choosing some of them :hihi:, and then giving the chosen the opportunity of disproving the omniscience and omnipotence of the deity by choosing to opt out of being chosen and opt in to remaining unmutilated.

The grand scheme appears flawed.

I don't think evildrneil is saying that their beliefs are correct, he's just TRYING to say that they should be entitled to carry out acts in accordance with their beliefs. He's just flawed in his attempts at it.

Is there some sort of holy book appendix where it states what rules have to be followed literally and what rules you can show flexibility? It would also have to tell you the rules you can ignore.

I'll leave that up to millennia of warring factions to decide. I work in mysterious ways.