The Queen, God Bless Her

Is he? Wasn't he in hospital recently? He looked to be enjoying it the most, other than Camilla.

The Queen Mother was a vile woman, an embittered shrew with some very dodgy politics. Thank God my late beloved paternal grandmother was nothing like her!

Was just on the news. Is there no privacy for the poor old bids. They're telling the world he's got a bladder problem. I knew that standing around in the cold for hours on end would end in tears! He should have gone to the loo earlier.

Or maybe he'd prefer the public humiliation rather than having to attend the concert? :hihi:

Was just on the news. Is there no privacy for the poor old bids. They're telling the world he's got a bladder problem. I knew that standing around in the cold for hours on end would end in tears! He should have gone to the loo earlier.

Or maybe he'd prefer the public humiliation rather than having to attend the concert? :hihi:

:hihi: Probably his prostate, very common in men of his age. I have mellowed with age, along with his prostate, it would seem. I used to be a rabid republican, now I just accept them as a cross to bear, as one would with piles, or a weak bladder!

Are people really saying that the parent's shouldn't be criticised because that was what people did at the time? I wonder how anything ever changed.

The Kennedys hid away one of their children after a failed lobotomy. Rosemary Kennedy lived in an institution until her death in 2006.

That's made me laugh now! :) But I know what you mean, she's like everyone's mother/grandmother. I can't remember a time without her being around. Although the Queen Mother was the same, and we soon forgot all about her didn't we? The only person we'll never be allowed to forget is that drama queen, Diana.

Meanwhile, in other news - I knew that blasted pageant would be the finish of one of em ... Philip's in the hossie!

Is that because she killed herself for effect?:hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi:

Are people really saying that the parent's shouldn't be criticised because that was what people did at the time? I wonder how anything ever changed.
I think what people are saying is rather that you can't blame the Queen for something that her maternal uncle did. At a time when it was the accepted advice of the medical profession and when she herself was only a child. I'm not saying the Queen Mother shouldn't have sent someone to visit her nieces after their mother died, but as they hardly know this cousin, it might be a bit awkward at this late stage?

I remember it was frowned upon when I was little, to try keep a child with learning disabilities at home. Or a person who was mentally ill was usually 'sent away'. I think it was also often the only solution because there was no help for people trying to cope with relative's physical and mental conditions?

Is that because she killed herself for effect?:hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi:
Do you really think that the untimely death of a mother of two young boys is that funny? That's quite shocking really.

Do you really think that the untimely death of a mother of two young boys is that funny? That's quite shocking really.

I was being facetious because you called her a drama queen, I didn't find her death in the least bit funny and nor did I think she was a drama queen

I was being facetious because you called her a drama queen, I didn't find her death in the least bit funny and nor did I think she was a drama queen
It didn't come over like that, you have to be careful when posting on fora, you should know that by now.

I did and still do think she was a drama queen, and if she had bothered to fasten her seat belt that night, she'd still be here, and probably even more excessive now than she was then.

Considering the crap she took from the Simpsons Royals she had every right to be.

Diana was the one bright spark during that period of the monarchy. She was cycnically used to produce an heir then cast off in quick order.

The fact that she stole the limelight from the rest of them must have had them howling at the moon

Considering the crap she took from the Simpsons Royals she had every right to be.

That's true, she finds her husband and father to her two young sons never wanted to marry her and was hankering after some old tart all through their marriage. She was a commoner too so how come he could marry her but not Camilla. Seems to happen a lot in the wonderful world of Windsor. Edward the VIII and Princess Margaret spring to mind. One abdicated and the other was a slush

It didn't come over like that, you have to be careful when posting on fora, you should know that by now.

I did and still do think she was a drama queen, and if she had bothered to fasten her seat belt that night, she'd still be here, and probably even more excessive now than she was then.

She was a drama queen and a very manipulative one at that. Fortunately for her, she was born in a different era to the Queen's cousins, otherwise she may have found herself languishing with them.