Gala bingo staff break time

Kerry78 - listen, you really need to get a life. people like you just do my head in. We nurses are constantly on the go, we are sometimes lucky to get 5 mins in 8 hours. I go to Gala Bingo and what you have said is just lies. you get a break after 3 hours. (I know that cos my mate works there) you get your drinks out of a machine and the staffroom is directly next to the food area, you don't have to wait for the kettle to boil. You have it so easy compared to most. You are obviously a trouble maker who needs to get a life. you are lucky to have a job -

If you have issues surrounding your working conditions, then that is up to you to take them up, not criticise someone for looking for advice about theirs. Two wrongs don't make a right. There's no wonder the country is down the pan if the answer instead of supporting other hardworking people is to undermine them because you've got it bad too. It's time people learned that standing together so that everyone gets better rights is the answer, not wasting time arguing about who has it worse! No wonder the Tories and Lib Dems look set to get their wicked anti-worker plans through.

^^^^^^^^^^^^ And you're a nurse I hope I don't have the misfortune to need medical attention from.

Yes, I remember a nurse on here a while ago, with a very similar user name and attitude, and I thought the same then! :suspect:

You are legally entitled to a 20 minute break after working 6 hours - Regulation 12 of the Working Time Regulations 1998.

They key point is AFTER 6 hours work where you must have a minimum of 20 minutes.

If you work UP TO 6 hours I dont beleive there is anything in the regulations that states you are legally entitled to anything so the little break you have is probably better than nothing.

Just check with your colleagues who might also work similar hours to ensure you are not missing out on something they are getting. If that was the case you would have a cause to complain.

Interestingly in New Zealand and Australia their regulations state anyone working up to 2 hours is entitled to a 10 min break, 2-4 hours a 20 minute break, and anything about 4 hours 30 minutes+

I thought it was up to 4 hours without being entitled to a break? 6 hours with no break is a very long time, especially if you're on your feet.

I used to work part time, 4 hours a day, and got no break, and anyone working over 6 hours got 30 minutes - legally allowed 20 but company gave them 30 minutes. Over 8 hour shifts got an hour break.

I thought it was up to 4 hours without being entitled to a break? 6 hours with no break is a very long time, especially if you're on your feet.

It is 4 1/2 hours IF you're aged 16/17. As soon as you hit 18 the extra two hours come into force.

But then again, don't take my word:

http://www.hse.gov.uk/contact/faqs/workingtime.htm

Edited by Resident

Kerry78 - listen, you really need to get a life. people like you just do my head in. We nurses are constantly on the go, we are sometimes lucky to get 5 mins in 8 hours.

It's your prerogative to take your LEGALLY ENTITLED break. Take it or leave it, but don't pretend you're better than anyone just because you choose not to.

Maybe not the best idea to spout all that nonsense about how hard you have it then make a post saying you have the bank holiday off, unlike a lot of us.

Oh be fair, its probably the first day off the poor sods had in 3 years :hihi:

Maybe not the best idea to spout all that nonsense about how hard you have it then make a post saying you have the bank holiday off, unlike a lot of us.

Is this relevant to the thread or are you just attacking a poster?

Kerry78 - listen, you really need to get a life. people like you just do my head in. We nurses are constantly on the go, we are sometimes lucky to get 5 mins in 8 hours. I go to Gala Bingo and what you have said is just lies. you get a break after 3 hours. (I know that cos my mate works there) you get your drinks out of a machine and the staffroom is directly next to the food area, you don't have to wait for the kettle to boil. You have it so easy compared to most. You are obviously a trouble maker who needs to get a life. you are lucky to have a job -

Ha ha ha ha ha........Ha ha ha ha!!

People like you make ne feel sick! Wind your neck in. Every time I've ever been to the hospital all the nurses are Sat about drinking tea!

You can't compare a part time Gala staff member to a nurse!! How many years did you train to be a nurse?? You don't like your work load? TOUGH LUCK! You asked for it, get on with it or leave your job. I here Gala are taking staff on.

Ha ha ha ha ha........Ha ha ha ha!!

People like you make ne feel sick! Wind your neck in. Every time I've ever been to the hospital all the nurses are Sat about drinking tea!

You can't compare a part time Gala staff member to a nurse!! How many years did you train to be a nurse?? You don't like your work load? TOUGH LUCK! You asked for it, get on with it or leave your job. I here Gala are taking staff on.

What respect you have for the medical profession.

As the OP, deal with it. A 6 hour shift is nothing unless you have a nicotine addiction.

What a forum we have when a gala bingo worker with no punctuation can be supported over a nurse who probably has to deal with half the forum drunk on a Friday night.