2nd hand camera advise

WeX

Arh, I knew it would be something simple :)

So MF lens it is then :) Although I assume you can get an AF lens that can be set to MF.

Yup. But there may be exceptions, I don't know all about all lenses ;)

I think I may pop to Harrisons next week after the jubilee and purchase myself a second hand camera body and have a chat with them about lenses.

Thanks for all the help DaFoot :thumbsup:

i would say lens is most important for picture quality. YES.

BUT you need good camera too to get good resolution pictures (for good quality crops etc.) and shooting at high ISO.

which - if you want take macro pictures with natural light you will need very high ISO or invest a lot on macro flashes and take pictures at ISO 100-200 (depends what subject you'll be photographing, let's say subject is a fly: to get as much in focus you'll need f16 or more, so without a flash setup you looking at camera with good performance at ISO 2000 or more, or you can buy cheap camera + good flashes)

hope this helps and not confuses you :)

Thanks everyone so far for all your advise.

I have one last question though and that is, what is the lowest Mega Pixel I should go?

is 8MP too low or should I be looking for something above 10MP?

2392122581_9c7d7395b5.jpg

I had ago at a few insect macros a few years ago used nikon d2x and a AF 105mm lense.

few others here

if you search flickr for macro, you'll be able to see what cameras were used to take the pics and also the lense details as well.

Edited by steve68
add info