How are you making the most of this sunshine?

My hubby and I are both off on Sunday, and want to enjoy the sunshine together (if it lasts till then).

He normally ends up coming grooming with me on his days off and he's been on late shifts all week while I've been taking the dogs over to my mum and dads every evening, being fed, and enjoying the sun in their garden.

So, what activities would you recommend or have been enjoying in the sun that are relatively low cost?

Like last night and the night before we will be in the house with doors and windows closed because of other peoples kids playing football at the side of our house, while their parents are relaxing in the sun and enjoying the lovely weather.

Sorry to be a party pooper but I hate this weather. I tend to stay in during the day (if I'm not working) then enjoy the evening time in the garden

Like last night and the night before we will be in the house with doors and windows closed because of other peoples kids playing football at the side of our house, while their parents are relaxing in the sun and enjoying the lovely weather.

Aw what a shame. Thanfully, my parents live in a really rural village just five minutes from our house so we normally take the dogs over there where we are bothered by just a few flies.

I dont do sun very well, I like it as it is right now though.

Staying indoors as much as I can get away with. I am melting in this heat, it's terrible. :(

Oh dear. Is there anyone in Sheffield who is enjoying the sun?...anyone?

When the "match" is over, I love the hot weather although I don't sunbathe. I like to wear dresses etc without the restriction of being wrapped up in trouses, jumpers and coats. My favourite time is the evening when it's cooling down. After a hot day nothing beats a nice shower and clean fresh clothes and either go out and meet friends or stay in the garden with a drink. Make the most of the nice weather while we can. Could be snowing next week.

Oh dear. Is there anyone in Sheffield who is enjoying the sun?...anyone?

A great place to be in this weather is a stroll around Water-cum-Jolly dale at Cressbook just down from Monsal Head. I was there the other day. The place is an absolute dream. I walk down there a lot, it always pulls me back.

Might give that a try davi some time next week when it won't be so busy,we like Monsal Head very good for an easy stroll...

Boring I know, but I've managed to dry three lots of washing on the line. Later I might sit out and sip a G&T.

Boring I know, but I've managed to dry three lots of washing on the line. Later I might sit out and sip a G&T.

I put mine out at 8am this morning, and its still not dry :(

I have been enjoying the sunshine in Hillsborough Park, but unfortunately I think I got sunburn :help: