The Holy Island of Lindisfarne is it worth a visit?

I was watching the TV programme "Country Tracks" and thought Lindersfarne had a very interesting History.Apart from that "Holy Island" looked so scenic and i imagine its not too "touristy".

I wondered if there was anyone who had been,and if they would recommend it? as a place to visit?

I was watching the TV programme "Country Tracks" and thought Lindersfarne had a very interesting History.Apart from that "Holy Island" looked so scenic and i imagine its not too "touristy".

I wondered if there was anyone who had been,and if they would recommend it? as a place to visit?

Yes janie48, it's FANTASTIC!

But if you're staying up there try to book accommodation on the island, then you have it to yourself when all the plebs have had to leave before the tide rises.

Yes janie48, it's FANTASTIC!

But if you're staying up there try to book accommodation on the island, then you have it to yourself when all the plebs have had to leave before the tide rises.

Thankyou boyfriday.

I hope to go later this Summer for a short break.It looked such a calm peaceful place,and is not to far away either.

I've been quite a few times and it's definately worth going, as others have mentioned stay on the island and you get the place relatively to yourself after the tide comes in the the daytrippers have gone. We tend to stay in the manor house hotel but there are a few different hotels and b&bs on the island.

absolutely love Northumberland and Holy Island is a brill day out. Here's a link to a place where we stayed a couple of times http://www.northumberlandpotterycottage.co.uk/ its absolutely lovely and you get to use the swimming pool and other leisure facilities on site.

If visiting the area personally wouldn't stay on Holy Island if you wanted to see other things in the area as its not particularly central for sightseeeing. Bamburgh Castle is also really good to visit.

Its a beautiful place, make sure you time it right because of the tides. The Abbey and the Catle are well worth the visit alone, and its not touristy at all. I`ll also second happy lady with Bamburgh Castle, also the village of Bamburgh which has the Grace Darling Museum