Sheffield Wednesday v Wycombe Official Match Thread

Wednesday will no doubt add to the squad this season, nothing can really be said yet till we know what crack is with the players we have at our disposal.

Just a final thought on this (although my other thoughts on this thread have vanished), the quality and composure on Saturday were excellent.

I know it was only Wycombe, but they were in our league on merit.

The style of play has improved so much under Jones. Megson's tactics worked well - we battled hard. But Jones's influence has taken our players that much further.

I may be biased, but without a doubt, Saturdays side that was the best footballing team I've seen all season from anywhere.

Question :- (not a dig before anyone starts...), do you think the Owls would have finished the season with such a flourish had Megson still been at the helm???

Question :- (not a dig before anyone starts...), do you think the Owls would have finished the season with such a flourish had Megson still been at the helm???

Personally I think we would have been in the play offs.

Personally I think we would have been in the play offs.

I think Manderic sacking Megson and bringing in Jones has to be the masterstroke of the season. My wife goes to the owls games with 2 of our daughters (where did i go wrong there :hihi::hihi:) and she was saying how the difference watching the teams playing under both managers was, fair play to Megson, he more or less built the squad, but the way DJ had them playing in the last 12 matches was magnificent. I take my hat off to you guys, now roll on Stevenage.... UTB

I think Manderic sacking Megson and bringing in Jones has to be the masterstroke of the season. My wife goes to the owls games with 2 of our daughters (where did i go wrong there :hihi::hihi:) and she was saying how the difference watching the teams playing under both managers was, fair play to Megson, he more or less built the squad, but the way DJ had them playing in the last 12 matches was magnificent. I take my hat off to you guys, now roll on Stevenage.... UTB

I didn't like Megsons tactics, it was obvious the players were being held back, Jones gave them more freedom and a few of them were different players, Chris Lines for instance.

Definately believe we would have finished third under Megson. Which is no disgrace, but DJ's record is phenomenal - Megson wouldn't have achieved that.

Hi. I'm a Wycombe fan who was at Hillsborough for the last game of the season. I'd just like to say thanks to all the Wednesday fans for making us all feel so welcome. To all the lads and girls who were in 'The Park', 'The Old Crown' and the 'Rawson Spring', you were just brilliant. Great banter, and not a hint of trouble (apart from someone called Duck Egg :hihi:) I never knew that Wednesday were such a MASSIVE club. I've read some football forums and have seen Owls fans praising us for singing and bouncing in our little corner. The noise when the Exeter 1 United 0 score was put on the scoreboard was the loudest we've ever heard! We joined in because we all realised just who are the biggest and best team in Sheffield, and wanted to join in the fantastic celebrations. We went to Bramall Lane and it was like being at a funeral. :hihi: Anyway, good luck in the Championship, I'm sure you'll do well up there.

I saw this recently somewhere, I can't find the source now, but I thought I'd share it with the Wednesday fans. ;)

Hi. I'm a Wycombe fan who was at Hillsborough for the last game of the season. I'd just like to say thanks to all the Wednesday fans for making us all feel so welcome. To all the lads and girls who were in 'The Park', 'The Old Crown' and the 'Rawson Spring', you were just brilliant. Great banter, and not a hint of trouble (apart from someone called Duck Egg :hihi:) I never knew that Wednesday were such a MASSIVE club. I've read some football forums and have seen Owls fans praising us for singing and bouncing in our little corner. The noise when the Exeter 1 United 0 score was put on the scoreboard was the loudest we've ever heard! We joined in because we all realised just who are the biggest and best team in Sheffield, and wanted to join in the fantastic celebrations. We went to Bramall Lane and it was like being at a funeral. :hihi: Anyway, good luck in the Championship, I'm sure you'll do well up there.

I saw this recently somewhere, I can't find the source now, but I thought I'd share it with the Wednesday fans. ;)

I genuinely work closely with a Wycombe fan who came up for this game and he said more or less the same.

Aw right me old chinas.

I too am a Wycombe fan, and I agree with what the previous Wycombe fan says.

Love a duck.

Originally Posted by Hotmale 1954

Hi. I'm a Wycombe fan who was at Hillsborough for the last game of the season. I'd just like to say thanks to all the Wednesday fans for making us all feel so welcome. To all the lads and girls who were in 'The Park', 'The Old Crown' and the 'Rawson Spring', you were just brilliant. Great banter, and not a hint of trouble (apart from someone called Duck Egg ) I never knew that Wednesday were such a MASSIVE club. I've read some football forums and have seen Owls fans praising us for singing and bouncing in our little corner. The noise when the Exeter 1 United 0 score was put on the scoreboard was the loudest we've ever heard! We joined in because we all realised just who are the biggest and best team in Sheffield, and wanted to join in the fantastic celebrations. We went to Bramall Lane and it was like being at a funeral. Anyway, good luck in the Championship, I'm sure you'll do well up there.

I saw this recently somewhere, I can't find the source now, but I thought I'd share it with the Wednesday fans.

Notice no Blades playing detective ...DIFFERENT GRAVY :hihi::hihi:

Originally Posted by Hotmale 1954

Hi. I'm a Wycombe fan who was at Hillsborough for the last game of the season. I'd just like to say thanks to all the Wednesday fans for making us all feel so welcome. To all the lads and girls who were in 'The Park', 'The Old Crown' and the 'Rawson Spring', you were just brilliant. Great banter, and not a hint of trouble (apart from someone called Duck Egg ) I never knew that Wednesday were such a MASSIVE club. I've read some football forums and have seen Owls fans praising us for singing and bouncing in our little corner. The noise when the Exeter 1 United 0 score was put on the scoreboard was the loudest we've ever heard! We joined in because we all realised just who are the biggest and best team in Sheffield, and wanted to join in the fantastic celebrations. We went to Bramall Lane and it was like being at a funeral. Anyway, good luck in the Championship, I'm sure you'll do well up there.

I saw this recently somewhere, I can't find the source now, but I thought I'd share it with the Wednesday fans.

Notice no Blades playing detective ...DIFFERENT GRAVY :hihi::hihi:

When we make stuff up, we do it openly for fun.

Why is it though that some blades have to hide behind fake accounts?

What are they scared of?

And why do they do it?

Is it insecurity and inferiority - that's the usual reason behind liar's and cheats.

When we make stuff up, we do it openly for fun.

Why is it though that some blades have to hide behind fake accounts?

What are they scared of?

And why do they do it?

Is it insecurity and inferiority - that's the usual reason behind liar's and cheats.

:hihi::hihi::hihi:

You have me there...Never seen any owls on here with fake accounts :roll::roll::roll:

You should stop now snidey, making yourself look a right prat :hihi: