Best way to get to Shalesmoor from Halfway?

Hello. just wondered if anyone knew the best way to get to Shalesmoor from Halfway?

I am considering the tram, but am thinking that as cars drive on the same tracks, it might be a bit delayed from the proposed times! Any advice?

OR in the car:

Would it be worth driving past ridgeway, over past the blackstock and then down near bramall lane, up again to the big roundabout and up to west street/ sheffield uni way? estimating it would be about 40 mins?

Or would it be better to try tackle it using the main roads - crystal peaks, and then parkway??

I need to be at work for 9 and to leave at 5, standard.

Sadly i don't have time to try all the options out, so if you have any advice, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

It's a no brainer. Take the tram and save on parking charges.

Tram from Halfway Terminus, get off the Tram at the Shalesmoor stop, whole journey should take about half an hour to 40 minutes depending on traffic through Town.

20- 30 min on tram in either dirrection

free parking at work...but i do agree that the tram will be cheaper all round! Just checking its timely. I've never been on one despite living here for about 7 years! :)

Heilcopter? I wish. Just need that landing pad. :)

Okay, tram seems to be the consensus.

Thanks all. Always helpful on here.

To be honest, i would go by tram, it more or less takes you doorstep to doorstep,and i think it has priority over other traffic on parts of the route, so it would more than likely be faster, and i would have thought that it would work out cheaper than fuel/parking/running costs of a car etc.

Oh definitely- its £18 a week with park and ride i think. That's less than half a tank of fuel :)

Brilliant, thanks!

Oh definitely- its £18 a week with park and ride i think. That's less than half a tank of fuel :)

Brilliant, thanks!

It's probably only about a 20 mile round trip by car.. 100 miles a week..what car do you have?

Hello. just wondered if anyone knew the best way to get to Shalesmoor from Halfway?

I am considering the tram, but am thinking that as cars drive on the same tracks, it might be a bit delayed from the proposed times! Any advice?

At busy times, it's cars which get more delayed; the tram gets precedence at all the junctions (i.e. traffic lights automatically change to green as it approaches) keeping it on time.

One problem you'll have on the tram is that it gets crowded; but at the stops you're using, you'll get on before most people so you'll get a seat pretty easily.

The tram is your best option but will take 40mins in a morning not 20. My daughter used to do the same journey.

:)