Would you date someone who is bisexual?

Would you date someone who is bisexual?  

122 members have voted

1. 1. Would you date someone who is bisexual?

• Yes
    • No

Cos it's no big deal.

It may be normal for a straight person to date the opposite sex, just like it's normal for a gay person to date the same sex.

It's not normal to be bisexual, otherwise the Original Poster, would not have started this thread.

It's not normal to be bisexual, otherwise the Original Poster, would not have started this thread.

There are lots of facets to a person which aren't statistically normal e.g. having green eyes, or being left handed.

Green Web, the OP, often liked to start controversial threads. Pity he doesn't post anymore to see the fallout. Or perhaps he does, and just uses a different username....

Hell yes. But I would insist she unselfishly 'shares' her companion['s[. Who hasn't dreamt of 3 in a bed. Away with the inhibitions. superb:thumbsup: :hihi::hihi::hihi:

Cos it's no big deal.

It may be normal for a straight person to date the opposite sex, just like it's normal for a gay person to date the same sex.

That like saying it`s normal for a shoplifter to go in to a shop and steal something. So your logic is that it`s normal to shoplift.

Woah there.

You're saying that homosexuality is the same as criminality?

You're happy to have such prejudices and not think it's stupid?

It's perfectly normal for a gay person to date the same sex. (If you want something abnormal, it'd be for a gay person to date the opposite sex, as by definition then they aren't gay, but bisexual, but that's just semantics).

To say being gay is anywhere like being criminal is stupid. Being gay isn't a choice. Being a criminal is (albeit sociological impact). There's no choice in sexuality.

It amazes me that many communities who have issues with sexuality are minorities themselves, who would rightly object to racism and similar, but have no problem using prejudicial language about sexuality.

Unless you're being sarcastic, which I hope you are, although it's not obvious. If so, crack on.

Edited by Andy1976

So you fall in love easy TZ? Ya big soft fluffball.:P

The young man had certain needs Glasgee!

Woah there.

You're saying that homosexuality is the same as criminality?

You're happy to have such prejudices and not think it's stupid?

It's perfectly normal for a gay person to date the same sex. (If you want something abnormal, it'd be for a gay person to date the opposite sex, as by definition then they aren't gay, but bisexual, but that's just semantics).

To say being gay is anywhere like being criminal is stupid. One's a choice, the other is the way someone just is. There's no choice in sexuality.

It amazes me that many communities who have issues with sexuality are minorities themselves, who would rightly object to racism and similar, but have no problem using prejudicial language about sexuality.

Unless you're being sarcastic, which I hope you are, although it's not obvious. If so, crack on.

Yes, some cultures consider being gay is illegal. There are over 70 countries, where being gay is a criminal act, so it is not like saying being criminal is being stupid.

---------- Post added 17-01-2017 at 09:25 ----------

There are lots of facets to a person which aren't statistically normal e.g. having green eyes, or being left handed.

Green Web, the OP, often liked to start controversial threads. Pity he doesn't post anymore to see the fallout. Or perhaps he does, and just uses a different username....

Dating someone with green eyes or a left hander is not really the same as dating a bisexual. You are comparing apples with oranges.

To say being gay is anywhere like being criminal is stupid. One's a choice, the other is the way someone just is. There's no choice in sexuality.

Sorry, but even if being gay is a choice, why on earth would that matter. Getting really annoyed with the 'oh no-one would be gay if they had the choice' argument, which effectively is saying, being is gay is wrong but hey it's not their fault....grrrrr. Who I or anyone else sleeps with (as long as legal and consensual) is not right or wrong and it's irrelevant if it's a choice or if it's genetic. You can choose any features you want in a partner and their gender is just another feature.

As to dating someone who is bisexual, of course I would, it's hardly going to matter unless they cheat on me and that'd hurt just as bad if they were straight. Why are so many people on here assuming that is someone is bisexual that they must be shagging 2 people of different genders at the same time? If SF is genuinely representative of the views and educational standards of the UK then heaven help us all.

Sorry, but even if being gay is a choice, why on earth would that matter. Getting really annoyed with the 'oh no-one would be gay if they had the choice' argument, which effectively is saying, being is gay is wrong but hey it's not their fault....grrrrr. Who I or anyone else sleeps with (as long as legal and consensual) is not right or wrong and it's irrelevant if it's a choice or if it's genetic. You can choose any features you want in a partner and their gender is just another feature.

As to dating someone who is bisexual, of course I would, it's hardly going to matter unless they cheat on me and that'd hurt just as bad if they were straight. Why are so many people on here assuming that is someone is bisexual that they must be shagging 2 people of different genders at the same time? If SF is genuinely representative of the views and educational standards of the UK then heaven help us all.

That's my point exactly (I think I confused matters by putting things in the wrong order) :) I've amended it - I knew what I meant, but it reads better now.

No one chooses to be gay. People choose to shoplift. To compare the two is ridiculous.

---------- Post added 17-01-2017 at 11:27 ----------

Yes, some cultures consider being gay is illegal. There are over 70 countries, where being gay is a criminal act, so it is not like saying being criminal is being stupid.

And those countries are stupid. Literally stupid.

You may as well punish someone for being black, being white, being left handed or having bad eyesight. None of those things are choices - they are part of the person.

Any country that penalises someone over something they literally have no choice over is moronic.

Edited by Andy1976

That's my point exactly (I think I confused matters by putting things in the wrong order) :) I've amended it - I knew what I meant, but it reads better now.

No one chooses to be gay. People choose to shoplift. To compare the two is ridiculous.

No Andy, you've made the same point that gets me grumpy again. Why would it matter if someone 'chose' to be gay? Or it a more basic way, if someone CHOSE to sleep with someone who is the same sex as they are. Why is it ok for us to say 'oh I prefer blondes', but not ok to say 'I prefer people the same sex as me'? Why does everyone always seek to excuse gay people by making out it's somehow not a choice. How do you know whether someone likes blondes because of genetics? You don't so stop with this argument as it's wrong.

No Andy, you've made the same point that gets me grumpy again. Why would it matter if someone 'chose' to be gay? Or it a more basic way, if someone CHOSE to sleep with someone who is the same sex as they are. Why is it ok for us to say 'oh I prefer blondes', but not ok to say 'I prefer people the same sex as me'? Why does everyone always seek to excuse gay people by making out it's somehow not a choice. How do you know whether someone likes blondes because of genetics? You don't so stop with this argument as it's wrong.

I'm afraid I quite literally have no idea what you're trying to say, or why you're saying contrary to my view. Apologies if it's me, but I just can't see it.

It is okay to say 'I prefer blondes', just as it is to say 'I prefer people of the same sex'. It's ok to say 'I don't find girls with blonde hair attractive' too.

Long and short of it - it's no one's business who people want to date, sleep with etc but their own (with the obvious exception of where that breaches law, such as paedophiles).

So being gay is a (lifestyle?) choice and some could stop being gay if you wanted to? I'll be honest, its not a view Ive heard much outside of mad churches or russia.

So being gay is a (lifestyle?) choice and some could stop being gay if you wanted to? I'll be honest, its not a view Ive heard much outside of mad churches or russia.

Agreed. Look at the opposite - could I decide to stop being straight and suddenly like men? Whilst I can see the appeal in some ways, I don't find men attractive in that way, so no, I can't make that choice. I could choose to sleep with a man if I wanted, although it would puzzle my wife, but the fact remains I'm heterosexual. I wouldn't want to. Equally, someone who is gay could sleep with someone of the opposite sex, and I've known it happen, when people were forced to deny their true feelings, but it doesn't stop the fact they're gay.

In that sense, yes, sleeping with someone of the same sex is a choice, as is (or should be) sleeping with anyone. The fact that I've no interest in that is my heterosexuality and is just a part of me, as it is with someone who's gay.