Do you believe in God?

Do you believe in God?  

374 members have voted

1. 1. Do you believe in God?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure
    • Willing to be convinced

its funny that we believe what MAN says but dont believe scriptures that have been proven to be authentic many many times

Even if you accept God exists, Jesus was a man, and his disciples were men, and the people who wrote the scriptures were men. You've contradicted yourself.

Secondly, where is the proof?

For the simple reason that the word god is usually used to describe the Christian Deity whereas other religions tend to have their own names for him i.e Allah.Buddha,Jehovah etc.

God is the normal English term so my confusion could have arisen for that.

Apologies...in answer to post 777

Edited by rossyrooney
e.t.a.

Because it's a turn of phrase, a linguistic meme. Even so, it's only proof that words exist. I can say "Thank unicorns" when my delivery turns up on time. Doesn't make unicorns exist.

Show them to me then.

How do you know God exists?

Hi

Look on youtube or history channel or anywhere you want proving the scriptures, if you dont want to do that find out about city of Tyre, thats in the bible, every detail and it was written before it happened approx 500 years before, thats been proven too, so many things, honestly.

Hi

Look on youtube or history channel or anywhere you want proving the scriptures, if you dont want to do that find out about city of Tyre, thats in the bible, every detail and it was written before it happened approx 500 years before, thats been proven too, so many things, honestly.

None of that means God exists though.

Hi

Sorry, but you are mistaken.

Bless you my son.

You've gone and done it now, kaarontf must conclude that you are my mum, mum.

:hihi:

Edit: btw here are some things that I have heard my work colleague utter in the 2 hours since kaarontf proposed the use of "oh my god" as proof of her existence:

"oh my god"

"f*** me"

"b***** me"

"for christ's sake"

"coz I'm a bitch"

"sc*** you"

"I've told you until I'm blue in the face"

"okay love"

"bloody hell"

In my colleague's defence, she does collect debts for a job, but she no more believes in god/jesus by her references to them than she does in the literal truth in any of those uses of language. It was twaddle to claim it was proof, and rather silly to follow it with "great post" imho.

Edited by quisquose
Added expletives