Will my car fail its MOT?

You cannot open the front passenger door from the inside because the spring mechanism thing has broke, the quotes given for fixing this were astronomical, but will this have to be fixed to pass the MOT?

You can of course wind the window down and open the door from the outside latch.

Emissions: Looking at the car service history it has failed several MOT's because of emissions, so do any of those additives like Redex work - some say they're just a gimmicky con whilst others swear by'em?

And Is there anyway of testing the emissions before hand?

Why don't you just ask a garage? As for emissions if it keeps failing on emissions it sounds like there's a bigger problem as it shouldn't keep failing if it's running properly.

You cannot open the front passenger door from the inside because the spring mechanism thing has broke, the quotes given for fixing this were astronomical, but will this have to be fixed to pass the MOT?

You can of course wind the window down and open the door from the outside latch.

Emissions: Looking at the car service history it has failed several MOT's because of emissions, so do any of those additives like Redex work - some say they're just a gimmicky con whilst others swear by'em?

And Is there anyway of testing the emissions before hand?

Remove the airfilter and make sure you give the car a good blast before you get there,it will go through the emmisions test then put the airfilter back in.

Hi, if all the doors do not open and close freely then the car will fail

Doors

A rear door that cannot be opened from the outside using the relevant control is a new reason for fail

Doors must be easy to open and close – hinges, catches and pillars will be inspected

Hi, if all the doors do not open and close freely then the car will fail

Doors

A rear door that cannot be opened from the outside using the relevant control is a new reason for fail

Doors must be easy to open and close – hinges, catches and pillars will be inspected

My Lotus 7 didn't have doors.

A door that can be opened from the outside only will pass as the tester will not try to open it from the inside.

As for emisions as has been said an "italian tuneup" just before the test may help.

If it's a diesel change the oil and filter before the test....this usually brings emisions down........do a full service if you can.

If you cover the door handles and leve the window down can you not get arround this as the car hasn't got a door, cars without doors pass fine...

Of course its got a door, the door and hinges are still there + the registation documents states how many doors a car has. But if you think differently can I have some of whatever youre taking.

Lol, your probably right, I was going by the same principal that if you have overly tinted windows on the front of your car, yet you leave the windows down and take the electric window fuse out you will still pass fine, there is of course still a window there and the window switch. Yet it will pass, or has in my experience and many others I know...

I think your right tho applying the same theory to the door maybe a longshot!