How many horses will die at Aintree?

How many horses will die at Aintree 2012?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. How many horses will die at Aintree 2012?

• 1 / 2
    • 3 / 4
    • 4 / 5
    • more

How can you ? my having a heart, my heart feels sad, and I wish I could do something to help the human,especially child, suffering in the world which to me is more important-that to me is prioratising

I am not being funny but i do not understand a word of that. :huh:

How can you ? my having a heart, my heart feels sad, and I wish I could do something to help the human,especially child, suffering in the world which to me is more important-that to me is prioratising

Oh, you joined this forum just to say this tripe! Brilliant, so caring!

Lucy, Spooky Darth...got anything made of leather on? What are you having for Saturday evening meal, Sunday dinner?

I can see your thoughts but eating and wearing of clothing is necessary, racing a horse over jumps the same height as it is not.

Am not sure, but perhaps grun99 is foreign and they're having trouble expressing their opinions fully?

Can I apply your twisted logic to other things too?

I won't because i'd sound as ridiculous as you when condoning cruelty!

But it's your opinion that it is cruelty, it's mine that it's sport...we won't agree, so let's leave it at that.

Its a disgusting blood sport and needs stopping.

I thought it was horse racing/jumping, not Hare coursing.

Angel.

I can see your thoughts but eating and wearing of clothing is necessary, racing a horse over jumps the same height as it is not.

The main thing for me is the horses could receive medical treatment and live!!! But it's all about money! Shameful form of slavery!

I'm working, but just put Sky on and they've just said it to that 2 horses have died.

One put down for bolting before the race or something???

Sychronised was so anxious to get started that he unseated his jockey and set off round the course by himself. He was brought back after holding the start up by 5 minutes, ran but fell, at about the 5th, think he was brought down by a riderless horse (not sure about that) and sadly had to be put down. The jockey was battered but ok.

The other horse was According to Pete and that also was put down on the course. Don't know about his jockey.

Only 15 horses actually finished. Many of the horses refused, pulled up or unseated their riders, so it appears they do make their own choices whether to run or not?

But it's your opinion that it is cruelty, it's mine that it's sport...we won't agree, so let's leave it at that.

No!

To kill a horse who has a slight injury when it can be saved is ridiculous!

I'm not against the sport, I do even believe that the horses enjoy running, they just don't like being shot due to cost!

... and sadly had to be put down.

Why, were his injuries life threatening?

One put down for bolting before the race or something???

Not quite, one of them did lose his jockey before the start, but was retrieved and started the race, but then fell later on. It wasn't put down for not behaving itself at the start, although I'm sure some of the "anti-racing" brigade will certainly make it sound like that's what happened.

Not quite, one of them did lose his jockey before the start, but was retrieved and started the race, but then fell later on. It wasn't put down for not behaving itself at the start, although I'm sure some of the "anti-racing" brigade will certainly make it sound like that's what happened.

mmm Ruby Dazzler has explained... i'm at work so hard to follow...