How many horses will die at Aintree?

How many horses will die at Aintree 2012?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. How many horses will die at Aintree 2012?

• 1 / 2
    • 3 / 4
    • 4 / 5
    • more

Its just that from my point of view people are very important and i do have important people in my life.

But animals are also very important and shouldn't be over looked "just because it is a horse"

Quite. Can't believe the arrogance of any human being who thinks they are more important than an animal.

Quite. Can't believe the arrogance of any human being who thinks they are more important than an animal.

well i am more important..than that animal roasting in the oven....smells lovely though...

It's now been revealed that the jump which caused Synchronised his fatal injury was five jumps on from where he lost his rider.

Really, you know that it's only the end of the 'whip' that's padded not the entire length which still comes into contact with the horse.

I know just about everything there is to know about a jockey's whip - including, may I saw, what it feels like to get hit by one. I have been hit by one, because I wanted to know how much it hurt when horses were hit by them.

I know just about everything there is to know about a jockey's whip - including, may I saw, what it feels like to get hit by one. I have been hit by one, because I wanted to know how much it hurt when horses were hit by them.

:hihi::hihi: yeah ok! just needed to know what it felt like and Madam Dominatrix was on hand.

So there was no pain and you're satisfied that the force you were struck mimics that of a race horse in the home straight.

Well you're at an advantage because I have not been hit by one but it seems that there are a lot of arguments against its use to the point that one country (Norway) has banned them and another (Australia) are pushing hard to do the same.

More evidence suggests that it achieves little more than inflicting pain with no real proof that it spurs the horse on to win or to run faster than it already is.

It seems crazy that striking an animal in order to gain more speed is even allowed to be honest, kinda goes against animal welfare.

I have trawled (trolled) through most of this annual thread and my take on this is that synchronised should not have been allowed to run in this race at all.On the 17 March this horse won the Cheltenham Gold Cup, which in my opinion and that of many others is that this race is harder for the horses than the Grand National.

The point being that 1 month is no where near enough for a horse to recover from that ordeal.So was it run through greed,stupidity or just carelessness?Fiddling about with fences will make no difference other than to turn the race into a little girls egg and spoon race.

I have trawled (trolled) through most of this annual thread and my take on this is that synchronised should not have been allowed to run in this race at all.On the 17 March this horse won the Cheltenham Gold Cup, which in my opinion and that of many others is that this race is harder for the horses than the Grand National.

The point being that 1 month is no where near enough for a horse to recover from that ordeal.

Garrison Savannah rode in the race a mere 2 1/2 weeks after winning the Gold Cup, and was able to finish second.

Garrison Savannah rode in the race a mere 2 1/2 weeks after winning the Gold Cup, and was able to finish second.

Goldem Miller won both races 1934.