Hair colour advice wanted

Hi

I can't afford hairdressers prices and want my hair as white blonde as possible without using bleach! Can anyone recommend a good packet dye. My hair is light brown with some lighter tones, I used to have toners put on at the hairdressers but can't afford it anymore. Can i use a packet dye on my hair even though it's had toners on it in the past at a salon? thanks for advice

Normal packet hair dye will only lighten your hair by a couple of shades.

You would need to bleach or pre-lighten your light brown hair and then use either an ash blonde shade or toner to neutralise the brassiness, because you can practically guarantee it will go yellow/orange :hihi:

USE CLAIROL NICE N EASY IN SB2 (summer cool blonde) it has a blue tone in it too, so white here you come!!!! My hair is the same colour as yours, its reeeeeeally easy to use and it hasnt dried my hair out. leave it on for 50 mins :) if you want it whiter/ blonder, use another pack and get some blue shampoo or silver shampoo (same thing). best ones are clynol silver shampoo, loreal professionel silver shampoo, and redken for men (yes men haha) silver shampoo.

Easy peasy!

hi

i can't afford hairdressers prices and want my hair as white blonde as possible without using bleach! Can anyone recommend a good packet dye. My hair is light brown with some lighter tones, i used to have toners put on at the hairdressers but can't afford it anymore. Can i use a packet dye on my hair even though it's had toners on it in the past at a salon? Thanks for advice

just for men!!

Clairol Nice 'N' Easy SB2, I'm almost certain would contain peroxide (bleach). Without it though, you're unlikely to get a platinum blonde shade at all.

My friend recently tried a bleach-free product called 'Colour B4' which is meant to strip colour from your hair at home. She was planning to go blond from brown without bleach. It didn't work. She had blond roots, and then orange length and ends, which I would expect you to get with anything not containing peroxide, and even with some peroxide dyes on dark hair.

ediesedgewick - have you got that silver hair with a tint of blue/purple that looks like a flippin' blue rinse? :hihi:

If you use a dye that doesn't include bleach then it can't really lighten your hair, so you can add a colour on top of your existing one, but you can't take existing colour away.

It's your choice- if you want blonde then you embrace the colours which bleach, or if you want to avoid bleach then you need get to like brown :)

My friend recently tried a bleach-free product called 'Colour B4' which is meant to strip colour from your hair at home. She was planning to go blond from brown without bleach. It didn't work. She had blond roots, and then orange length and ends, which I would expect you to get with anything not containing peroxide, and even with some peroxide dyes on dark hair.

The heat from your head acclerates the lightening process, leaving you with white roots and orange/yellow ends :hihi: . When bleaching your hair you should not apply the mixture to the roots straightaway.

I bleached my hair a few times, but I don't really want to do it again. It wrecks your hair.

I use Recital lightest ash blonde now, its pretty good, but doesn't get my roots as light as I want them to be though :( and it makes the rest of my hair purple/silver. Sometimes I end up dying it again with a non-lightening shade to correct this.

If you do go down the packet dye route, look carefully at the box, most very light blonde dyes will only achieve the illustrated result on hair that is already light blonde. I always go for brands that I know from experience will work.

Archived