Petrol stations with fuel

Of course the petrol stations have the answer to panic buying of fuel in their own hands.

All they have to do is adopt a MINIMUM charge of say £25. Then all the drivers queuing for 5 litres would have to pay £25 for it.

The queues would be gone instantly OR the filing station owners would be making so much money that they would be able to retire.

the problem here is everybody panic buying and people are making the situation worse , we been here before havnt we ??

The problem is that the average person isn't very smart. David Cameron says there may be a strike so people immediately rush out and buy fuel at whatever price is charged despite having no idea when the strike is, how long it will be and even whether it will take place. The moronic panic-buyers will have probably gone through their current tank of fuel by the time a strike would happen anyway, considering the notice that has to be given by the union.

I've around a quarter of a tank left, i've felt no need to panic buy.

My guess is on Monday when i need to stick £20 in i'll have the forecourt to myself.

This panic buying is so silly, we won't run out and all filling stations will be fully restocked by Sunday night at the latest i'd wager.

Just calm down. :)

So you buy about 6 old gallons, do you need a car. ?Do you never fill up or do you use your car infrequently.