B&Q has anyone ever worked there? My youngest has got an interview though not in Sheffield . I'd be gratefull for any info as I've heard varying reports.

ive interviewed many ex B&Q employees. Not one of them has ever had a good word to say about them.

Given all their staff are utter morons with no knowledge of their own products let alone their industry if your kid has an ounce of get up and go then he/she should look elsewhere.

People who work in B&Q have least amount of knowledge about diy or any of there products than any other company in there line of business. The 'plumbing expert' at Darnal knows nothing about plumbing unless its speed fit, what anyone could use after reading instuctions. Tell him to work any where else but B&Q

Given all their staff are utter morons with no knowledge of their own products let alone their industry if your kid has an ounce of get up and go then he/she should look elsewhere.

Reeeeaaaaalllllyyyy :rolleyes:

I wanted to wurk with the men at B&Q in the bilding dept at darnell.I am igerrant, rude, and no nuffing about bilding stuff, despit been well kwalified I dint get the job. I think its becorse I was to interligent and ad two many brayns to work there

Reeeeaaaaalllllyyyy :rolleyes:

That's been my personal experience. If they have well trained staff with a can do attitude and extensive product and industry knowledge then they sure keep them well hidden because I've never found one.

That's been my personal experience. If they have well trained staff with a can do attitude and extensive product and industry knowledge then they sure keep them well hidden because I've never found one.

To be fair I dont do much DIY so have only really asked them where stuff is, I guess if you are in to DIY, building work or like you gardening you could soon show up any of their weaknesses.

I find the staff in there very useful for directing me to the correct aisle for a product. I don't ask them for their advice on technical stuff as they are shop assistants, not industry experts. If you need advice on your chosen trade perhaps you should attend a college course or read a few gardening books from the library. They are free you know. :)

I find the staff in there very useful for directing me to the correct aisle for a product. I don't ask them for their advice on technical stuff as they are shop assistants, not industry experts. If you need advice on your chosen trade perhaps you should attend a college course or read a few gardening books from the library. They are free you know. :)

You dont need to ask them any technical stuff to show that they know nothing about what is in there shop. Screw fix is alot better and its owned by the same company so why do B&Q end up with the less helpfull people? Maybe its because im used to a supplyers what is more intrested in helping than hiding from customers

I wanted to wurk with the men at B&Q in the bilding dept at darnell.I am igerrant, rude, and no nuffing about bilding stuff, despit been well kwalified I dint get the job. I think its becorse I was to interligent and ad two many brayns to work there

:D:D:D:D:D lol

Very drole. I very rarely use them for anything garden related and certainly don't seek their advice, I have however used them for DIY projects on Sundays when Bolers are shut and on matters in which I am not expert such as electrics and plumbing have found their knowledge poor, even from their self described experts.