Where does Hillsborough end and Wadsley start

Does anyone know where abouts on Dykes hall road Hillsborough ends and Wadsley starts, the new Tesco has a Wadsley address on its web site and so does the hair dressers opposite, but i was always told that Wadsley did not start until the end of Dykes hall road where the Horse and Jockey pub is ?

Does anyone know where abouts on Dykes hall road Hillsborough ends and Wadsley starts, the new Tesco has a Wadsley address on its web site and so does the hair dressers opposite, but i was always told that Wadsley did not start until the end of Dykes hall road where the Horse and Jockey pub is ?

Both places are closer to Wadsley Parish church than to Owlerton church ,the parish which predates Hillsborough etc.

Does anyone know where abouts on Dykes hall road Hillsborough ends and Wadsley starts?
I'd say that you were definitely in Wadsley by the time Dykes Hall Road turned into Worrall Road, but that's not saying that you're not in Wadsley on the Sutton Estate prt of Dykes Hall Road ... if you see what I mean.

Bear in mind that Wadsley, Middlewood, Malin Bridge, Hillsborough Shopping Centre are all within a bigger entity "Hillsborough" - which paradoxically, but sociogeographically logically - also contains a subentity "Hillsborough".

When I was at school I knew somebody who lived on the corner of Chiltern Road and Dykes Hall Road. If at her house we'd always talk about going to Hillsborough - meaning the shopping centre - even though Chiltern Road was in Hillsborough - as in the larger sociogeographic area.

It's all " Blue Country ", Sheffield six.:D

I'd say that you were definitely in Wadsley by the time Dykes Hall Road turned into Worrall Road, but that's not saying that you're not in Wadsley on the Sutton Estate prt of Dykes Hall Road ... if you see what I mean.

Bear in mind that Wadsley, Middlewood, Malin Bridge, Hillsborough Shopping Centre are all within a bigger entity "Hillsborough" - which paradoxically, but sociogeographically logically - also contains a subentity "Hillsborough".

When I was at school I knew somebody who lived on the corner of Chiltern Road and Dykes Hall Road. If at her house we'd always talk about going to Hillsborough - meaning the shopping centre - even though Chiltern Road was in Hillsborough - as in the larger sociogeographic area.

Stop trying to blind us with science until you can make it understandable in English:hihi::hihi::hihi:

IMO up Wadsley Lane to Marlcliffe Rd is Hillsborough. After Marlcliffe to the right is Wadsley and to the left (Sutton Estate) is Hillsborough.

As for Wisewood i'd say that starts up Laird Rd after Wadsley Park Cres or up Ben Lane after Colin Ave

btw

it is a complete waste of time telling anyone you live in Wadsley, cos 99% of the time they'll reply "oh Wadsley Bridge??"

Archived