2012 budget - will you be getting screwed?

Everytime I look at George Osbourne why do I think Josef Goebbels?

A fixation on Nazi uniforms may explain why those images come into your mind. :hihi:

The top rate of tax is to be cut from 50p to 45p

37p on a packet of fags

Brilliant speech by Osborne, low earners better off, high earners to pay 5 times more than they did.

Gold reserves on way back up after Brown squandered them

Alcohol staying where it is. Fag duty going up (cigarettes I mean!). Earners over 50k lose child benefit but gradually up to 60k.

I quit when they were £2. If people are prepared to pay £6 they'll pay £7 so it wont matter.

I stopped when a packet of 25 Royals went over £3, ha, ha!! Half an hour ago the woman in the Co op says it will take some brands over £8 for 20. They are putting them up from 6pm tonight!

In my opinion we need a significant increase in duty on takeaway alcohol and the ceasing of these pubs heavily discounting beer and spirits. Whats needed is a national price per unit of alcohol giving a minimum/maximum price that can be charged in pubs!

I stopped when a packet of 25 Royals went over £3, ha, ha!! Half an hour ago the woman in the Co op says it will take some brands over £8 for 20. They are putting them up from 6pm tonight!

In my opinion we need a significant increase in duty on takeaway alcohol and the ceasing of these pubs heavily discounting beer and spirits. Whats needed is a national price per unit of alcohol giving a minimum/maximum price that can be charged in pubs!

£8.00 bloody hell. I can understand why sunbeds are popular, it's a far cheaper way of getting cancer