Taylor and Emmett solicitors

Has anyone any experience of using these solicitors for conveyancing? My partner was persuaded to use them by Reeds Rains and we haven't been impressed. I was just wondering what other people's experiences might have been.

We used them didnt have a problem.

we too used them, sally todd, would use them again too. What are you not impressed with, have you spoken to them about it or the agents?

I used them (a few years ago now though) and on the basis of that experience I would use them again.

I used them when i went through Reed Rains, again it was Sally Todd, they were fine although the sale didn't proceed in the end (nothing to do with Taylor Emmett, although dont get me started on Reed Rains!!)

Used Taylor Emmett again when i bought my current house based on the previous experience, although used a different branch and solicitor (no reflection on Sally Todd just asked for a quote and got someone else, i think Sally Todd does quite a lot of the ones linked with Estate Agents), again they were fine, always there to answer questions, approachable, got direct line phone numbers and emails etc.

Wouldn't hesitate to use them again

Is your problem actually with Taylor and Emmett or with Reed Rains, cos when i used them through RR, i found that it was the estate agents that didn't pass things on and that slowed things down

Edited by jaffacake
added extra

Thanks for your answers folks. It is a bit difficult because it is my partner who is dealing with them- so I can only go on what he's telling me. It certainly isn't Sally who is handling the case, and the girl who is doesn't seem to understand that she is representing him and not our buyers.

She told us that they had chosen the completion date (which should have been this Friday) but that they might change their minds- so not only did we not have enough notice, but we didn't know for sure until yesterday that we weren't moving on Friday after all. The problem is not with our buyers but with the people we are buying from, as she hadn't even contacted their solicitors to find out if they were happy to complete on Friday- turns out they aren't and now we don't know when we are moving.

It is very frustrating as both me and my partner have to book time off work to move as well as book removal men etc.

It just seems to me that we are paying a lot of money for these people to be incompetent. I told my partner tht he has to kick ass and remind this girl (I think she's called Tracy or Stacey maybe) that she should be acting in our interest. I also think Reeds Rains should be told as they are making a lot of money out of this too.

Its difficult when there is a chain.

It may be out of her hands if its another members of the chain delaying things.

The second time i dealt with them i did have some dealings with someone called Stacey, but that was at the dronfield branch, she didn't seem very confident in what she was doing. She wasn't the one who was suppossed to be dealing with my case, it just seemed that she was told what the other side wanted and went with that. I spoke to the actual solicitor dealing with my case and was assured that the timings were up to me and nothing would happen until i was ready.

I think the other girl was just a bit out of her depth, do you have a named solicitor dealing with the case (or is that Stavey/ Tracey) if so have a word with them, completion dates etc are only set when you are ready.

Like i said before T&E were always really helpful when i had a problem.

We used Neil Riley at T&E, we were very happy.

Has anyone any experience of using these solicitors for conveyancing? My partner was persuaded to use them by Reeds Rains and we haven't been impressed. I was just wondering what other people's experiences might have been.

Reed Rains would be on commisssion and their referal is tainted by this conflict of interest

The problem at the moment with any agent or legal firm is that the system is all about risk aversion. But what you have to watch out for is they will try and say you have to take out an insurance policy to indemnify the other party if say you don`t have your FENSA certificate, or if you are near a church, ie, chancel repair. Or anything else that they can use in cahoots with the insurance companies to keep on bumping up the fees.

Thanks again for your comments- Stacey/Tracey is off on maternity leave now so hopefully someone with more idea will take over. I know chains can be problematic and it may now be another four weeks before we move. Ce la vie. I just think that when you are paying people considerable amounts of money you want them to do the job right- which it seems T&E do most of the time.