Olympic Torch in Sheffield- megathread

Do you care about the olympic flame?  

358 members have voted

1. 1. Do you care about the olympic flame?

• Yes - I will go to see it
    • Yes - I care but not enough to go to see it
    • No - Don't care

Typical 'forum' ers, pulling people up on spelling and grammer, rather than embracing the whole Olympic thing. I can't wait,it's the best thing that's happened in this coutry in ages.

Yep, suspensions of basic rights, Warheads moved in onto ancient woodlands, roads taken away from the public for VIP use.

Fantastic!

Typical 'forum' ers, pulling people up on spelling and grammer, rather than embracing the whole Olympic thing. I can't wait,it's the best thing that's happened in this coutry in ages.
Yes, people running with fire. The excitement is uncontrollable

Next week:- scissors

Yes, and look into each individual story why each person is 'running with fire' as part of the whole Olympic thing. Then think about the throw away comment you just made.

Yes, and look into each individual story why each person is 'running with fire' as part of the whole Olympic thing. Then think about the throw away comment you just made.
I shall be working on 25th June. The torch run affects me not one jot. The whole Olympic thing has been force fed to me for what seems like decades and frankly i'm sick of the whole damn thing. People running, jumping and throwing things for corporate sponsors in London does not fill me with joie de vivre and i'm not going to dance like Snoopy at the crumbs off the table they've patronisingly thrown our way.

I'm happy for you that the sight of someone jogging holding a big lighter fills you with ecstasy but frankly the only reason i'm looking forward to the Olympics is that the sooner they start the sooner they will be over and we won't have to hear any more about them.

Calm down dear, it's only the Olympics.
I could say the same to you

No, no, no: it's more than that!

So far it's £20 billion more than that!

Come, let's have a knees up, eh?

I am sure that London will do very well out of the Olympics.

I'm not a tax payer at the mo...I'm going to love it...your taxes for people running and throwing and rowing and shooting and boxing and...

At least it's going past Don Valley.

Can someone erect a banner showing how much is still owed on the wonderful Student Games facilities and when they will be paid off? That'd look good on t' tele!

(Pal of mine has been enlisted to do security for the Olympics. Everyone he spoke to in London had never even heard of the World Student Games. Says it all!)

I'm not a tax payer at the mo...I'm going to love it...your taxes for people running and throwing and rowing and shooting and boxing and...
Well I am a taxpayer and i'm helping pay for these games and i'm not quite as fuzzy about them. The initial estimate was a fairly reasonable £6bn. Typically we're now way beyond that and there isn't going to be a profit on these games. That and the propaganda that I must have a good time has thoroughly made me immune to them

At least it's going past Don Valley.

Can someone erect a banner showing how much is still owed on the wonderful Student Games facilities and when they will be paid off? That'd look good on t' tele!

Put a sock in it Tory Boy!;)