Sign in to follow this  

Help required with Epson Printer problem

I have an Epson Stylus CX3200 Scanner - printer.

I had a paper jam and pulled out the paper.I cannot get the printer to feed the paper now although it is trying.

The error light comes on with the message reload the paper and press the colour button but after trying again it still returns to the error on paper reload.

I cannot see any paper stuck in the mechanism.

Can anybody help me or give me advice as I need to use it.

The printer is just over 12 months old.

Thanking you.

i hate printers, tempermental buggers they are, they either work, or they dont, we have no end of problems with ours :(

have you tried unplugging the printer to clear the memory?

and rebooted the computer?

Its Epson, most of the ones I have used/seen have all been "just over 12 months"

They die just out of warrantee.. I have had 3 myself, and they have all gone the same way, although thier support below 12 months is very good (they sent me a full new printer when mine died, at 11 months)

I'd reccomend taking out all the paper, opening it up, taking out the ink cartridges, blowing all around the inside to clean it out, double checking the paper passages as there may be a small bit that ripped off and got stuck in there somewhere..

If you can, try a manual feed, should help you find where the blockage is..

reinstall it as a fresh install also, this may help...

some times the ink warming or cleaning process also helps these things, also print alignment test too :)

You may have broken or dislodged a plastic cog which feeds in the paper. I've seen it done to a couple of Epson lasers where I work.