Moving to Sheffield on 01/05/2012

I'd like a couple of quick answers as I have a fairly cheap rail price on hold at the mo. Don't want to commit if it's gonna be dodgy.

Cheers!

You call that cheap? Breaking down the journey (which would have got you to Sheffield at the same time and on the same trains) would have helped you.

Bless you for explaining yourself to a couple of cynics on here! ( you really didnt need to) Some people like to think they are Miss Marple and scrutinise each post and the poster's profile looking for inconsistencies and 'clues' so as to catch them out.

I for one like to take people how i find them; and in your case themanfrom, you seem like a decent chap who is taking a huge risk in order to hopefully better himself. :D

I totally agree, you shouldn't have to explain every detail of your life just because someone isn't satisfied with the original post and is using this forum to demonstrate how clever they are. What would someone achieve by posting such a long pack of lies??? It doesn't make any sense (well, not to me anyway, but perhaps if I was as cynical as them I'd deduce that it's the kind of nonsense they probably get up to in their spare time if that's how their minds work!!)

Good luck to you themanfrom, I hope you find everything you're looking for in Sheffield. It's the people that make a place great and for the most part nob heads are a minority in Sheffield (and this forum) however undoubtedly you'll encounter some in both.

Edited by Lynchee
mistake

well good luck to you. Granville road area isnt bad at all, close to the city centre and station. When you get on your feet I'm sure you'll be able to find something more permanent.

You will find Sheffield to be a fine place to live once you get to know it.

All the best.

Try the recruitment agencies - I moved to Sheffield without a job and they found me one within 2 weeks.

Ignore the doom-mongerers, there are plenty of jobs in customer service/admin/call centres about, not the most glamorous jobs but good enough to pay the rent while you look for something more suitable.

Sheffield is a very easy place to settle in, loads going on and generally a very friendly place. Loads of people move here for uni/college and never leave.

Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...

Good luck - there are plenty of interest groups on here for hobbies and other activities, have a look through them there may be something you fancy doing, a good way of meeting new people and networking with the eventual aim of securing work.

Sheffield's a wonderful place, and being a Hammer I know your allegiances will lie towards S6 not S2! ;)