Men's health Questionnaire

This message is directed only to men aged 18 or over living in the Yorkshire region. Men under the age of 18 should not respond.

I am a senior lecturer in Medical Sociology at the University of Sheffield and I am conducting an exploratory study on men's health. In particular I am interested in finding out more about men's awareness of any illness which may run in their family (for example, diabetes, cancers, heart disease etc) and how this might affect men's own feelings about their present and future health and well-being. Currently, men's health is an under researched area. In particular little is known about men's views on illness in the family and the role genetics may play in affecting their own health and health behaviours. As genetics and family health history are becoming an increasingly important part of the prevention and treatment of a range of diseases, this is an important area of research.

Men aged 18 or over are invited to complete the questionnaire on men's health clicking on the link below. The research questionnaire should not be responded to by men who are under the age of 18. The questionnaire is short and should only take a few minutes of your time. The questionnaire is totally anonymous and your responses are confidential. No one will be able to identify you from your responses. You are also free to withdraw from participating at any time. Data will be stored securely and confidential data will be used to inform the development of academic research papers in the area of men's health. If you are happy to participate please click on the link below. Your participation in this study is much appreciated.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/G66CXST

Many Thanks for your time,

Kate

I won't enter it because question four asks what my ethnic background is.

I don't have an ethnic (ie, non-Western) background.

I am white, indigenous, British.

And for the record, any other questionnaire which loads questions this way receives the same response.

your research is going to be flawed if you can't verify who your respondents are

There's nothing at all stopping every forum troll from screwing up your results

Thanks for your message. What you say is true of, course. This research is at an exploratory stage, and I am doing this as a pilot study to see if there is any scope for engaging in a much larger and fully- funded study in due course. Any obviously trolling responses should be reasonably easy to spot and will be ignored.

Thanks, Kate.

And for the record, any other questionnaire which loads questions this way receives the same response.

Ooh! A bit touchy and precious aren't you.

It may be that the question is there, because that some medical conditions are more prevalent in people of certain ethnic groups.......

Archived