Adding an Ipod Touch to "allowed devices" on a secured O2 router?

Rich

It may be a WPA or WEP password, on some routers ( Such as my sky one. )

It's on a sticker on the side of the router.

Ok. I don't live in the UK anymore but on all the routers I ever had, you set up the WEP/WPA pw yourself. The attached sticker has the default MAC and the instruction booklet and .pdf tell you that the default login name to get into setup is "admin" with 0000 as the password. Of course, you are supposed to change those to something personal.

Not saying you are mistaken, just that no router of mine ever came with a default access pw.

I think it's because it's the router sky provided, Has the WEP already on. Which is why the sticker on the side has the WEP wrote on it, so you can access the Internet straight away when you receive it, without having to setup a WEP too make it secure.

Edited by anderbyangel

That's only the MAC address. Manufacturers tend to use the same one on all models. It won't get you past the password protection.

I think the op needs to find the wep key for his router, mine is printed on a label on the router. Look on the router for wep/psk or something like that.

Is there anyone here who can help the op with giving him an essay :loopy:

If not he could always phone those helpful chaps at 118, they can answer any question.

Well firstly, only allowing certain devices does absolutely zero to increase security. Anyone can spoof a mac.

As to above - many wireless routers do have a sticker weith the wireless key printed on it, it is pretty standard.

Easiest way to get it if not is to log into the router and check the wireless settings where you will find the currently set key.

I think you`re severely overestimating the intelligence level of the average Sheffielder.And overestimating by 100% any keyboard warrior who wants to hack Rich`s pc.

:hihi:

I think the op needs to find the wep key for his router, mine is printed on a label on the router. Look on the router for wep/psk or something like that.

Is there anyone here who can help the op with giving him an essay :loopy:

If not he could always phone those helpful chaps at 118, they can answer any question.

To be fair, the OP could have answered his own question on Google.

To be fair, the OP could have answered his own question on Google.

Why would Google know how to access my router? Which as I have explained in this thread, was set up SECURELY by my IT Graduate Brother to ward off hackers.

Why would Google know how to access my router? Which as I have explained in this thread, was set up SECURELY by my IT Graduate Brother to ward off hackers.

sigh ALL you have to do is ask him what the WEP password is

sigh ALL you have to do is ask him what the WEP password is

I did, he says he doesn't know, and I trust him/

Mods please close this thread, it's going nowhere.