The Most Depressing Place In Sheffield

I pulled out at the bottom of Sharrow Lane the other day onto Abbeydale Road. What a depressing dump, I thought. And it continues all along Abbeydale Road to the junction with Broadfield Road (arguably, it doesn't stop there).

A sprawl of multi-coloured take-aways, boarded up premises and shops selling junk.

Ugly.

The Moor is nothing short of an embarrassment and if I were a councillor it would have had a twenty metre fence around it by now. How on earth Debenham's remain where they do is beyond me (the proverbial top-hat on a turd, surely?). Only TNT and a detonator can improve this sewer of an alley because our council for sure aren't interested (no doubt rubbing their chins in a warm office).

And a run through wet Page Hall is enough to make one want to commit suicide. Horrendous. Everyday Is Like Sunday sung Morrissey. Well in Page Hall, it's certainly Sunday every day.

Then there's Firth Park, a mini-market version of Abbeydale Road but with loads of street clutter, knackered pavements and pot-holed 'roads'. Add the shuttered premises, a feeling of sheer threat in the air and it's a place one wants to see once in his lifetime and hopefully try and forget.

As for the Manor, I'm not even going to go there, literally, or on here.

Well you really are a ray of sunshine arn't you :rolleyes:

There are many places in Sheffield I've never been to and some I'd wish I'd hadn't. The wicker is unpleasant, manor top really unpleasant. Like most cities I've been to, large chunks of them aren't very nice. Leeds, Manchester London - they all have places that are just nasty and some really nice places as well.

I am surprised nobody has mentioned Broomhall. Kids running riot, gun crimes, street gangs and anti social behaviour 24 hours a day. Peoples gardens being used as toilets by users of the somali cafe. I could go on but just got out instead. Worst years of my life living there and if you could see some of the places I have lived it just brings it home how bad it is.

yeah, dead right, flatten it.

It's a great pity that the well heeled folk of Dore take take their station for granted, park up their ****-u cars, saunter in on an morning and out again at night without thinking how this (increasingly rare example of an ) isolated suburban station could be made into a better rersource for the neighbourhood.

It's a great pity that the well heeled folk of Dore take take their station for granted, park up their ****-u cars, saunter in on an morning and out again at night without thinking how this (increasingly rare example of an ) isolated suburban station could be made into a better rersource for the neighbourhood.

It is obviously a perfectly good resource for the neighourhood as it is.:)

The hoardings do need to go though, I agree with you on that. Perhaps replaced with some sympathetic planting of shrubs and blossom trees to raise one's spirits?