The Most Depressing Place In Sheffield

THE WICKER. RAPEY AND GRIM, END OF. ha

'Rapey'? What does that mean?

Some people are foreign

What's that got to do with anything? You're foreign to people elsewhere in the world.

Any branch of Job Centre Plus, especially Hillsborough and West St though, both full of Chavs and "advisors" who could no more advise me how to get a job than I could put on a Superman suit and fly! :loopy:

Never had call to use the job centre; but then, I have always worked.

There is no such place as Cresswell near Whitwell or Wokrsop for that matter so escape from these fictitious places is impossible.

OK chief:mad:

The Castle Market area of Sheffield is horrible.

The buildings are dirty and dated and the people who tend to hang around there are very much the types who used to frequent The Cannon pub.

Whenever I go down there I always feel quite uncomfortable......It's an area of town I'd prefer to keep clear of whenever possible.

The nicest part of the city centre is generally the middle bit (Fargate, Barkers Pool and Winter Garden Areas) along with the gateway up from the railway station.

Regards

Doom

I love it when the market upsets people-why feel uncomfortable as it is just a few poorer people thats all.Perhaps you see your own future?

The whole east side of Sheffield is quite depressing in a way, when you think about what it once was to what it is now.

I love it when the market upsets people-why feel uncomfortable as it is just a few poorer people thats all.Perhaps you see your own future?

Looking at them and smelling them, they can afford cigarettes and a few pints of beer, but don't have enough for a bar of soap.

Regards

Doom

'Rapey'? What does that mean?

rapey

in description of a certain area or person in reference to the possability of being raped by said place/person.

Oh dont walk that way home it looks a bit rapey.

So the Urban Dictionary says.

West street Job Centre.

front desk is populated by self-important little Hitler's, and gormless security. "Get in line" one of these knuckle-heads says to me while waiting to sign on, being bigger than him I just glared at him and never shifted. They wouldn't dare open their gobs to you if they were stood in street without their back-up crew. Dont they think it's bad enough being out of work without patronised/abused while searching for a job?

Don't get me started about them mate, if you think West St is bad, try Hillsborough, it makes Mos Eisley Cantina on Star Wars look like the flippin' Teletubbies!

Looking at them and smelling them, they can afford cigarettes and a few pints of beer, but don't have enough for a bar of soap.

Regards

Doom

I would rather be in an appalling place with people who like a fag and a pint or two and maybe even whiff a bit than anywhere in the company of a complete egocentric bore.

I would rather be in an appalling place with people who like a fag and a pint or two and maybe even whiff a bit than anywhere in the company of a complete egocentric bore.

Nice one :hihi:

I would prefer the egocentric bore.