Painful whitlow help..

I agree with rubydazzler, quite sore is different from throbbing. If its throbbing it needs seeing and if you can get in at your GP's tomorrow that should be sufficient, or the walk in centre if not.

It is as well to agree with Rubydazzler.

The alternative is not worth the damage.:hihi:

Get a large needle, light a match, put needle point into flame until red hot, blow match out, stick needle into thumb - job done. Works for me.

Angel.

It also keeps SY ambulance in service, and A&E at SY hospitals quite busy as well. :hihi:

You won't look stupid, it sounds quite serious. If you get it badly infected, it could make you really ill.

Please go and get some proper medical attention. Otherwise I'm going to be worrying about you all night! :|

Ok I have an infection and I have to go emergency doctor place for antibiotics.

So am going in a bit to see the gp at emergency place.

He said Its badly infected by sounds of it and if I squeeze it or anything. I could end up with a secondary infection.Thanks for advice it has seeped anyway itself a bit, but I think the fact my thumb is so swollen I better go :hihi:

Ok I have an infection and I have to go emergency doctor place for antibiotics.

So am going in a bit to see the gp at emergency place.He said Its badly infected by sounds of it and if I squeeze it or anything. I could end up with a secondary infection.Thanks for advice it has seeped anyway itself a bit, but I think the fact my thumb is so swollen I better go :hihi:

Good girl! You've made the right decision. xxx

*gives Balpin a quizzical look*

Get a large needle, light a match, put needle point into flame until red hot, blow match out, stick needle into thumb - job done. Works for me.

Angel.

This is what I do.. once I can see where the puss trapped under the skin is collecting, stick a needle in it to release the pressure.. then soak in salt water/savlon liquid or something similar (not bleach! ;))

hi charlie, hope your thump is feeling better, when my children were young one of the doctors in our surgery also had a practice in homeopathic, and when they got a whitlow, he advised me to wrap the finger or thump in damp kitchen paper towel, then wrap that in cling film, leave overnight, and in the morning the whitlow had gone.

This method seems to draw out the whitlow, and has worked everytime, dont go sticking needles in it can make it worse, and you could lose the finger or thump.