Pinterest - Are you using it for business?

Is this not actually the same thing as weheartit.com? that also lets people share their fav pics for others to 'heart'

i havent signed up because i dont want a new timeline style page on FB.

x

You definitely don't need to do that, check again.

Im thinking about joining pinterest, but since its new and not many people know about it, im gonna hold back for a while.

I would go for it asap. One of our clients saw a 60%+ increase in traffic simple from pinning a few images of their products.

I will do. I think it will take time, as people are taking a back seat from the site until it becomes bigger or maybe not invitation only.

It's the third largest social media website as of a couple of months ago, and it's easy to get an invite - if anyone want's one, just PM me.

It is hard trying to juggle so many other social media sites though too, so maybe give it a while before i have time to get into it -

I'm still waiting for Google +1 to take off - for those of you running a business that do use social media and do have a G+1 icon to share your business information please join my group here to swap your recommendations for business and help each other https://www.facebook.com/groups/232857346805398/

Try a social media dashboard like Hootsuite.com. As for the G+ thread nice idea, i'll take a look next.

Pinterest members consist of about 90% women and so it is useful if you have your products aimed at that market.

As for copyright issue, you may add a meta tag on your webpage telling pinterest not to pin images from your site. You'll have to look it up if it a concern.

Most numbers i've seen are much more balanced than that now - around 60-65% female. Though it does have to be said, most females are more active also.

Is this not actually the same thing as weheartit.com? that also lets people share their fav pics for others to 'heart'

Ha3el, nice work with them timeline image - https://www.facebook.com/pages/Cyber-Bunny/105417449187

I'll like your page as Social Colleague and promote your business on our page too EDIT I can't 'mention' you as I don't think you have that set up in your settings.

Edited by JPMiddleton

I just found Pinterest , can't get off the site, I love it, I see Time magazine listed it as one of the 50 best websites.

I'm on Pinterest too, still getting to grips with it. I like it when I receive a new follower or someone repins my stuff.

Ive been looking at Pinterest to see how it can be utilised to market the company I work for. From what I understand, users can 'pin' content (images) they like onto the Pinterest website, however, it is strictly forbidden to post any advertising messages.

So if your website has some great inspirational/unique products or images, a user may be inclined to 'pin' this onto their profile and share with their friends and general Pinterest community. Other people then see it on Pinterest and when they click the image, it is linked back to the original webpage from where it is hosted (i.e. a traffic driver to your website).

If you have your own website, you can encourage 'pinning' further by adding a 'pin' button (similar to a Facebook 'like' button) next to images on your website.

I may be wrong (or not completely right) but this is what I understand. As a business, you can also pin loads of content yourself and then other users/friends may follow you if your pins are interesting (and then your business also gets more exposure that way...I think).

Any experts feel free to correct me... im new to this too and am eager to learn more!

Ive been looking at Pinterest to see how it can be utilised to market the company I work for. From what I understand, users can 'pin' content (images) they like onto the Pinterest website, however, it is strictly forbidden to post any advertising messages.

So if your website has some great inspirational/unique products or images, a user may be inclined to 'pin' this onto their profile and share with their friends and general Pinterest community. Other people then see it on Pinterest and when they click the image, it is linked back to the original webpage from where it is hosted (i.e. a traffic driver to your website).

If you have your own website, you can encourage 'pinning' further by adding a 'pin' button (similar to a Facebook 'like' button) next to images on your website.

I may be wrong (or not completely right) but this is what I understand. As a business, you can also pin loads of content yourself and then other users/friends may follow you if your pins are interesting (and then your business also gets more exposure that way...I think).

Any experts feel free to correct me... im new to this too and am eager to learn more!

I love this site , I just use it for myself to get ideas, I think some Brits must also be running this site as it will say...Fetching pins, instead if Getting pins .

I’m no expert, but that is exactly how we use it. We pin images from our own site and other re-pin or like them.

We’re slowly growing our followers. But I do think it is worth businesses signing up :)

I have seen a few articles about pinterest now and with its Google PR of 7 it is definitely one to take note of.

Pinterest is definitely high up on my list of things I never end up doing. Seriously though, I think infographics (example) are the way to go on Pinterest. While most users are pinning photos of pretty hats and novelty cakes (which is fine if that's your business), few people are actually providing real information.

Edited by epiphany

Pintrest is good for eCommerce companies listing their products, a board per product category :-)

I have been on this website before through googling things and didn't really question what it was but it was perfect for what I was searching for.

I've set up a business account now for Pinterest but am struggling to verify my web address. Is this because I use a flash CMS host?