Pinterest - Are you using it for business?

i havent signed up because i dont want a new timeline style page on FB.

it appears that the condition of using the page is to link to my FB page and add the app which will result in the upgrade :(

it is used very heavily by other members of the Folksy and Etsy communities and i am told that my work has a high repin rate....but im not sure i feel completely comfortable with the ambiguity re: copyright infringement, something that has been raised time and time again in the forums of the above sites.

by chance, i happened to see this today on the way to work:

http://www.metro.co.uk/tech/891469-is-pinterest-the-next-facebook-or-twitter

until there is more solid info from Pintrest i think im going to decline signing up.

x

Edited by sophiec1979

had never heard of it before this but until it gets a lot bigger i wont be bothering as there are too many of these types of networking sites to keep up with!

Am not worried about the image copyright issues personally, as the more people sharing the images I see it as free advertising. Sure there isnt much stopping people watermarking images with their web address etc too, which in turn should lead customers to you :)

Do keep me updated as to the feedback you get on this. Would like to give it a shot but would like recommendations first.

please keep us posted, i'm interested

I will do. I think it will take time, as people are taking a back seat from the site until it becomes bigger or maybe not invitation only.

Has your company joined Pinterest yet?

Do you think it will be a useful way to market your business?

We joined today and are still getting to grips with pinning and boards etc. :)

yes i have, - only because you told me to and i can't say no :),

It is hard trying to juggle so many other social media sites though too, so maybe give it a while before i have time to get into it -

I'm still waiting for Google +1 to take off - for those of you running a business that do use social media and do have a G+1 icon to share your business information please join my group here to swap your recommendations for business and help each other https://www.facebook.com/groups/232857346805398/

Pinterest members consist of about 90% women and so it is useful if you have your products aimed at that market.

As for copyright issue, you may add a meta tag on your webpage telling pinterest not to pin images from your site. You'll have to look it up if it a concern.

Pinterest members consist of about 90% women and so it is useful if you have your products aimed at that market.

which is exactly why im more than happy that others are pinning my work! ;)

As for copyright issue, you may add a meta tag on your webpage telling pinterest not to pin images from your site. You'll have to look it up if it a concern.

i have no issue with my work being shared, its the possibility of ending up on the wrong side of the law for pinning someone elses that im worried about! :(

x