Burning rubbish

Just wanted advice, a neighbour is clearing rubbish off his land opposite our house. He's built a huge pile of things like wood, old carpets, plastic sheeting and general debris. Now, if he plans (as I suspect) to set fire to the pile, I would not wish to breathe the fumes that come off it. He has disposed of his rubbish in a similar way in the past and the fire brigade were called but nothing seemed to be done about it as he had a fire extinguisher at hand. What is the best course of action if he does set it on fire?

Just wanted advice, a neighbour is clearing rubbish off his land opposite our house. He's built a huge pile of things like wood, old carpets, plastic sheeting and general debris. Now, if he plans (as I suspect) to set fire to the pile, I would not wish to breathe the fumes that come off it. He has disposed of his rubbish in a similar way in the past and the fire brigade were called but nothing seemed to be done about it as he had a fire extinguisher at hand. What is the best course of action if he does set it on fire?

I would video the fire as there is every chance he will burn himself.By sending the tape to ITV you could finance an injunction against future fires etc.

Close you're windows?