USB Flash Drives

Speed Demon

What are the best and most compatible ones to go for that will work with all versions of windows, I have this one below and keep having problems with it like it keeps getting disconnected and windows 7 does not recognise it, very irritating especially when you are trying to open a file or edit a document then all of a sudden it disappears and a red cross pops up in the bottom corner saying device driver not found, even though everything in device manager is perfectly fine.

http://www.lexar.com/products/lexar-jumpdrive-twistturn-usb-flash-drive?category=207

Would like it to be solid and rugged yet have some feature that protects the connector as well, cheers.

I also tend to buy Kingston USB Drives although i don't like the capless ones (the USB connector slides into the body of the drive). I've used them across systems with out a problem, I even use one as a recovery drive.

Last one i bought was this...

http://www.ebuyer.com/231480-kingston-datatraveler-i-g3-32gb-usb-flash-drive-dtig3-32gb

It was a little cheaper when i bought it.

What are the best and most compatible ones to go for that will work with all versions of windows, I have this one below and keep having problems with it like it keeps getting disconnected and windows 7 does not recognise it, very irritating especially when you are trying to open a file or edit a document then all of a sudden it disappears and a red cross pops up in the bottom corner saying device driver not found, even though everything in device manager is perfectly fine.

Try turning off USB POWER SAVING on all USB Root Hubs in Device Manager.

Sounds to me like a power loss issue.

Archived