Does anyone remember Meadowhead shops in the 60s?

Thanks to choogling I do remember Brocklehurst motors in the 1960s. I wonder if you recall any of the staff who worked there at that time.

Bill on the pumps, a salesman called Wattinson, also I recall an office girl called Valerie Johnson. I used to get a Hillman minx serviced there. Thanks to all the others who took the trouble to post a reply. They all brought back happy memories of youth.

mick jones-stores manager

mick grant and frank also in stores

lol-workshop foreman

kenny-dave - john - mechanics

val from the office used to climb the ladder in a mini skirt to check the tyre stores stock always drew a big crowd of mechanics.

sorry to those who i have forgotten but its been a long time almost fortysix years.

Edited by choogling

Anybody remember the shops at meadowhead in the 60s also the Norton hotel. I recall Clements grocers, Taggs butchers, Crans fish & chip shop, any more ? such a long time since I was at meadowhead sheffield. I would appreciate any memories from that time.

My gran used to take me to Crans in the late 60's as a little lad! My memory is vague, but I remember friendly staff there.

Hi

I remember the newsagents attached to the post-office as being Pembertons - I had a paper round ,from there, in the late 60s, It started at the Berni Inn and went up Norton Lane as far as the church.

Tom and Marjorie Pemberton ran the post office and newsagents in the 60s and well into the 70s till they retired and sold it to John and Jenny Thompson.

Tom also owned the post office at Abbey Lane which various people managed for him until he sold to me in the late 70s.

Were you still at abbey lane post office in the late 80s?

Were you still at abbey lane post office in the late 80s?

Yes. Managed it for the Pembertons from 1966 till Tom sold it to me in 1977.

Left in 1997 when the Spar bought it

I was a sales rep for turners and you were one of my customers in late 80s,my name is Jack.

I was a sales rep for turners and you were one of my customers in late 80s,my name is Jack.

Well I'd definitely remember your face even if I can't recall your name.

Turners were always a decent company to deal with. I'm wracking my brains Jack. I'm sure it'll come back to me eventually. Seems to take a while these days

Yes I know what you mean,but I do think I remember your name,I think you must be Paul.

I was a kid, but which shops were Pembertons and Jackanory?

Taggs butchers was at 304 Meadowhead at the end of greenfield road and Miss Tagg lived in the flat upstairs well into old age. No 302 was marshalls general store which I took over and turned into a Pet shop around 1976. The pet shop is in newer premises now on Greenfield road and is still run by Jane, who bought the shop from me around 30 years ago.

I worked at Taggs the butchers in 1953-1955 as a delivery boy along with Mr Tagg and his sister also delivered papers for Pembertons  the newsagents 7/ 6 a week

I opened the Barclays Bank sub-branch in 1964. Worked there for 3 months. It was opposite a pub I've forgotten the neme of.