Just visited Scarborough- what a dump!

I went last year, and I thought it was great! Nice chips on the front, lovely buildings and views, no bother at night. Maybe I'm easily pleased.

:)

What Page Hall:hihi: >>>>never must admit though I do like the east coast resorts.

Remember Scarborough with nostalgia from childhood. Visited last week while staying in North Yorkshire. What a depressing dump it is now!

I was in Scarborough a few years back and did a walk near the cliffs. I almost stepped on an adder warming itself in the mid morning sun. I just managed to break stride and avoid it. I think it had less poison than the origonal quote!

I go there three times a year, I stay north side but the Cities, Sheff Roth etc

have moved a load of unemployed, there they stay in the run down properties

supping cans with raggs over the windows for curtains, shoplifters and beggars galore,hey buddy can you spare a dime.

So do I understand this post correctly. Is the suggestion that Scarborough is rundown as a result of a mass influx of the lovely folk of South Yorkshire?

I would have thought that at least some of them might have taken some decent curtains with them.

Along the sea front near the harbour, outside a building there used to be a small statue about 2ft high, it was behind a metal cage & was reputed to be a statue of Richard 2. The last time I was in Scarborough it was missing. Does anyone else remember it or where it is now?

along the sea front near the harbour, outside a building there used to be a small statue about 2ft high, it was behind a metal cage & was reputed to be a statue of richard 2. The last time i was in scarborough it was missing. Does anyone else remember it or where it is now?

if it was metal its more than likely been nicked for scrap?

it was stolen a few years ago.

i live in scarborough i moved from sheffield thats a doump as far beggers and drunks i dont know were thay were and the sea frount is open all year round you should come on boxing day

hehe you seem to know me in another thread and just wanted to say we have family in scarbro and have had the pleasure of scarbro town and front on boxing day or ladies day and boy what them girls wear they must be cold lol

i know what you mean about resorts being a dump. the same applies to gt yarmouth i have been there on and of for years and the last 15yrs every year, we love norfolk very much and would love to live there but or yarmouth we never go there maybe for an hour or so. but it to is such a dump it hasn't changed since victorion times it all looks an eye sore with lots of propertys looking like slums.

it could all do with pulling down especialy the sea front and start rebuilding it to look like a proper resort like you get abroad purpose built hotels, and apartment blocks, and land to mae a tourist park with cabins, chalets, and caravans get them into the 21 century. all resorts should look to changing their immage, the like of scarbourgh, brid, skeggy, blackpool should demolish all the sea fronts and given grants to rebuild them all to make them attractive to visitors get rid of all that kiss me quick hats landlady image, candy floss, sea side rock, thats the reason se stay inland like norfolk, north yorkshire. and while i'm having a rant the wicker, spital hill up to burngreave rd, pull it all down the wicker is suposed to be the gate way to the city, but its all a dump also the wicker archs should go it as no purpose train have not been across it for years get rid of all the dross we have. sorry about all that and it started with scarbourgh

i know what you mean about resorts being a dump. the same applies to gt yarmouth i have been there on and of for years and the last 15yrs every year, we love norfolk very much and would love to live there but or yarmouth we never go there maybe for an hour or so. but it to is such a dump it hasn't changed since victorion times it all looks an eye sore with lots of propertys looking like slums.

it could all do with pulling down especialy the sea front and start rebuilding it to look like a proper resort like you get abroad purpose built hotels, and apartment blocks, and land to mae a tourist park with cabins, chalets, and caravans get them into the 21 century. all resorts should look to changing their immage, the like of scarbourgh, brid, skeggy, blackpool should demolish all the sea fronts and given grants to rebuild them all to make them attractive to visitors get rid of all that kiss me quick hats landlady image, candy floss, sea side rock, thats the reason se stay inland like norfolk, north yorkshire. and while i'm having a rant the wicker, spital hill up to burngreave rd, pull it all down the wicker is suposed to be the gate way to the city, but its all a dump also the wicker archs should go it as no purpose train have not been across it for years get rid of all the dross we have. sorry about all that and it started with scarbourgh

ok spital hill upwards needs to go but when was the last time you were in the Wicker/Derek dooley way area?

Edited by SWOZ

ok spital hill upwards needs to go but when was the last time you were in the Wicker/Derek dooley way area?

Personally I don't go around there anymore.. No one seems to speak my language.