Roller skating in attercliffe

Hi Cleegirl

The fellow who gave the skates out was called Roy Darwin he had a sister called June and they both used to dance on skates and were very good. I used to go caroling on Xmas Eve until I had enough money to go to the skates, great memories. I was born on Melville Road off Broughton Lane in 1944.

hi yes he was brilliant at dancing remember his partner didnt know it was his sister wish i had he was tall dark and handsome ,i lived on bright street just off carbrook street also born 1944 happy days j

hi yes he was brilliant at dancing remember his partner didnt know it was his sister wish i had he was tall dark and handsome ,i lived on bright street just off carbrook street also born 1944 happy days j[/quote

Hi played down Bright Street often. Went to Carbrook County infants and junior school opposite Janson Street was in the same class as Michael Graville he lived on Bright Street. Used to go to the Stores on the corner of Bright Street/Carbrook Street I can still remember my mum's stores number. Can't help but feel we may have known one another. Used to know lots of kids who went to Carbrook C of E school all around our age.

hi yes he was brilliant at dancing remember his partner didnt know it was his sister wish i had he was tall dark and handsome ,i lived on bright street just off carbrook street also born 1944 happy days j[/quote

Hi played down Bright Street often. Went to Carbrook County infants and junior school opposite Janson Street was in the same class as Michael Graville he lived on Bright Street. Used to go to the Stores on the corner of Bright Street/Carbrook Street I can still remember my mum's stores number. Can't help but feel we may have known one another. Used to know lots of kids who went to Carbrook C of E school all around our age.

hi there well i must know you cos i lived in next yard to micheal gravel had abrother brian also just two or three doees down was david hanson i ws always atom boy use to play cowbows and indian with them had some fun times love j

hi there well i must know you cos i lived in next yard to micheal gravel had abrother brian also just two or three doees down was david hanson i ws always atom boy use to play cowbows and indian with them had some fun times love j

Hi J, I can remember Reaney Daley, Geoffrey Allan, George Hibberd he lived on Weedon Street, Jacqueline Pierce, Valerie Ashworth and Jacqueline Ashworth I think they lived at the top of Carbrook Street before the Stores. Christine Strutt, Carol Outram, Linda Smith, Lynn Kemp, Alan and June Hollingsworth, Maurice Hartley, Tousi Kemp, Larry Frith, Tamba Smith. Did you go to C of E school or Carbrook County?

Hi J, I can remember Reaney Daley, Geoffrey Allan, George Hibberd he lived on Weedon Street, Jacqueline Pierce, Valerie Ashworth and Jacqueline Ashworth I think they lived at the top of Carbrook Street before the Stores. Christine Strutt, Carol Outram, Linda Smith, Lynn Kemp, Alan and June Hollingsworth, Maurice Hartley, Tousi Kemp, Larry Frith, Tamba Smith. Did you go to C of E school or Carbrook County?

omg yes reaney and brenda daley and the ashworth used ti hang around with all them christine carol kynn who i told sadly

past tamba a right tearaway and larry in same class as them at school and of course jackie pierce and doreen womack we always were together used to go skating with them jackie married jimmy long but i don think it lasted long he also went to the rink i lived next to the old shirt factory in the yard where the garages was we never had much money but plenty of laughs along the way all the best j

Hi Cleegirl

The fellow who gave the skates out was called Roy Darwin he had a sister called June and they both used to dance on skates and were very good. I used to go caroling on Xmas Eve until I had enough money to go to the skates, great memories. I was born on Melville Road off Broughton Lane in 1944.

Did any of you see Roy 'skate' down all those steps? I used to go with some guys off the manor around '62. Also remember Harry Rhodes went on a few trips in his Austin Westminster farina.

There were quite a few guys there wearing studded belts too, you could get an offer of a 'feight' too easily:hihi:!

Does anyone know what happened to Pauline Travis, I was very taken with a blond haired fella called Terry (can't remember his surname)

Hi, dont know what happened to her, but she was in my class at Owler Lane Intermediate school.

I also used the skating rink a few times, but lived on The Circle on the Manor, One day we went on the bus to Staniforth Road bottom, then put on our skates and skated down to the rink, where we were told off for wearing them on the street. They did let us in though.

Archived