Surely I can get self storage for less than £30.75 a week?

Long time ago - about six years, we used A2B - it was about £7 a week plus vat. You had to pay to access it as well though - but if it is long term storage that you're after, it may work out cheaper.

G

EDIT

http://www.sheffieldremovals.com/page/storage

makes no mention of an access charge.

i tried them they're £40 a week now times have changed

I think it entirely depends on what you're looking for. If you're looking to store furniture then that rate isn't bad, compared to some of the quotes I had when I was looking for storage for a friend.

x2 leather 3 seaters, x2 antique dressers, x2 antique single drawers, x2 double bed frames, x3 large mirrors, x3 tiffany lamps, plus boxes of bedding, makes you wonder if ebay are worth giving a try - minus the lamps :)

x2 leather 3 seaters, x2 antique dressers, x2 antique single drawers, x2 double bed frames, x3 large mirrors, x3 tiffany lamps, plus boxes of bedding, makes you wonder if ebay are worth giving a try - minus the lamps :)

We had one large sofa, large wardrobe, three chests of drawers, and various other stuff like garden furniture. Had loads of spare space out of one of the 7ft by 7ft by 6ft boxes. They are £9.70 a week - so even if you needed two, you're not talking £30 a week.

Somewhere else here quoting £7 & vat

http://www.abcastle.co.uk/price-guide.php

Only issue I can see is if your sofas are longer than 7 ft long.