Name of Pub opposite Tinsley Tram Sheds?

kay1

carruthers

the relation of gordon banks had a joiners shop down a passageway at the side of the union pub it was a good sized shop with about 6 bench hands working in there

as far as i know they didnt have a pub

Hiya, there was a George Banks Builders on the opposite side of the road, I laboured for them for about 6 weeks after I left school, might that be it ??

My brother is trying to list the names of Public Houses from Weedon St to Staniforth Rd in the 50s/60s and is stuck on the name of the pub.that was opposite the Tinsley Hotel at Weedon St. It was at the junction of Locke (or Lock) Lane and Sheffield Rd I'm almost sure that was the name of the road that went up to Tinsley Park which was the other side of the canal (over the locks) Any other pubs you can think of which he may have missed on Attercliffe Common

hi kay 1

the pub oppersite tinsley tram shed bottom lock lane was tinsley hotel there were 25 pubs from weedon st to stanforth rd hope i havent missed any commercial weedon st ,burns hotel left, tinsley hotel on left. union right. royal right,carbrook hall right, pheasant(stumble inn)excelsior, broughton,lampool,filesmiths, amberley salutions, gate inn, hilltop,tramcar,golden ball,greyhound,travelers,coach and horse, station ,king head, queens horse and jockey,dog and parteridge,carlton therewas 8 more pubs to the wicker arches making at total off 33 regards aj

carbrook lad

on the opposite corner to the royal was a pub called the acorn it must have been shut many years as it was a derelict building 50 years ago, but i remember on one of the windows through all the grime you could see the name acorn hotel

hi kay 1

the pub oppersite tinsley tram shed bottom lock lane was tinsley hotel there were 25 pubs from weedon st to stanforth rd hope i havent missed any commercial weedon st ,burns hotel left, tinsley hotel on left. union right. royal right,carbrook hall right, pheasant(stumble inn)excelsior, broughton,lampool,filesmiths, amberley salutions, gate inn, hilltop,tramcar,golden ball,greyhound,travelers,coach and horse, station ,king head, queens horse and jockey,dog and parteridge,carlton therewas 8 more pubs to the wicker arches making at total off 33 regards aj

Many thanks Carbrook Lad I'm sure he will have forgotten some of these will pass list on Thanks again

carbrook lad

on the opposite corner to the royal was a pub called the acorn it must have been shut many years as it was a derelict building 50 years ago, but i remember on one of the windows through all the grime you could see the name acorn hotel

hi rabitter

that on e that i missed born on carltonville rd 1939 spent all my youth and teen age years down carbrook/attercliffe i dont remember that pub was it oppersite the gates off tommy wards tinsley regards aj