Adoption process at thornbury animal sanctuary

kimismum

good luck with it REPO MAN hope you manage to get it sorted, try and stick with it cause what you are doing is a good thing choosing a rescue dog and giving it a new start,

just thought i would update you all,

i nice chap came today with a lady friend and conducted our home visit, both seemed to go away very happy as we knew they would, so we just have to wait and now see if we get one of those little staffy cross pups that were dumped by some evil **** just before xmas in secluded woods near dinnington, luckily a dog walker found them and took them to the rescue, now they seem to be thriving and none the worse for wear.

fingers crossed:)

Kimismum - Scooby looks a fantastic lad, I remember he was on death row and I thank gosh for Thornberry being there for him - Call up and see him - The staff there are fantastic and will go through everything with you and take it from there.

Thornberry like all the small rescues do absolutaly fantastic work and home visits I am sure is just one of the hundreds of jobs on the every rescues list that needs sorting and although urgent to the individuals concerned, prioritizing these jobs from sorting out dogs arriving from death row / being dumped on a regular basis, making sure they are healthy just needs a little patience from everyone concerned.

To be honest Repo - man I personally would rather take years trying to nail trifle to the ceiling than ever even think of going near a breeder but then perhaps this is because I hear and my friends see on a regular basis, the wonderful dogs being loaded into a van taking their last walk to the vets just because there are too many - heartbreaking.

Good luck to all with the dogs and Please please, keep spreading the word about the rescue dogs / Poundies - There are so many fantastic dogs - All shapes, sizes and breeds that are tonight sat waiting for a home - Thanks Nix

Edited by nicholls5

would just like to say we have had it confirmed from the chaps at Thornberry that we can take the little staffy cross mastiff pup that I reserved last week.

will be collecting him on wednesday and cant wait, just got to think of an appropriate name now !

what I do want is a medium to large dog cage for him just while he gets used to our GSD as he can be a bit boisterous at times, I am willing to buy one and then sell on in a couple of weeks or I will pay if I can borrow one just while he becomes acclimatised to his new home and two new brothers, need by tuesday as we pick him up on weds.

can anyone help please ?

cheers :)