Wedding Fayres 2012

Sheffield Town Hall Wedding and Civil Partnership Venue Open Day

Sunday 14th October

11am - 4pm

View the stunning Mirror Room, Mandela Room and Silver Room.

Complimentary Drink on arrival for you and a guest.

Please contact the events team on 0114 273 4582 or email fm.townhallevents&weddings@kier.co.uk for more information.

This doesn't imply you have to inform them you'll turn up. I only found out about this today (only got engaged on 7th). It'll be ok to just turn up won't it? I called the number this morning but no one answered, left my details but have not had a call back.

This doesn't imply you have to inform them you'll turn up. I only found out about this today (only got engaged on 7th). It'll be ok to just turn up won't it? I called the number this morning but no one answered, left my details but have not had a call back.

I think they just mean if you want to know anymore to contact them. Or perhaps if your a wedding business and want a stall there to call.

In all the wedding fayres I have attended you never had to call up if you were a visitor.

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone share their experiences of exhibiting at wedding fayers please? I'm considering exhibiting for my new business I've just started. My target market will be fairly local ie South Yorkshire, NE Derbyshire and North Notts so I'm only looking at local Fayres.

How much does a stall cost at a good wedding fair?

Tankersley Manor is £175 for a stall in the main hall, less if in the barn. I would say that it is a pretty popular fayre.

The less popular fayres tend to be cheaper. It's a few years since I exhibited at a fayre, but from memory I think prices tend to be around £75 to £100 for a decent fayre. The one at Magna is expensive but I have never been so can't comment on how good it was/is.

I think fayres work well depending on what you sell. I imagine that photographers and those selling bridal gown do pretty well. For them just taking one booking will pay the cost of the fayre plus make profit.

I found with wedding stationery I didn't always make money out of each fayre. If I sold my own stationery then I could make some money, but I also sold other companies stationery on a commission basis - this tended not to even cover the cost of the stall, unless I took a fair few orders.

After the first year of business I went to selling online only, I have never looked back.