North Korea, over the top/hilarious ?

Or maybe you'd prefer

public reaction to death of head of state = chalk

public reaction to death of wife of heir to throne = cheese.

Yes, isn't it marvelous that the comparisons I made, much to your consternation, are valid?

Yep they are about as comparative as that chalk and cheese aren’t they. :hihi: Confucius says when in a hole stop digging.

It amazes me that this tyrant could have been so successful at keeping his people suppressed for all this time while bordering on South Korea with its successful industries and life styles. It closely aligns with the East and West German situation, kept alive until the Soviet Union collapsed. I think without Chinese interference, the two countries would unite.

Kamikaze pilots were big softies,(they wore helmets) Health n Safety n all that! :D
Kamikaze pilots sank 72 American ships and cost thousands of lives during the battle of Okinowa. Japan had over 5000 aircraft stored in Japan, and suicide pilots ready to fight if the country was invaded, as well as over a million well trained soldiers who would have fought to the death for the Emperor. Hiroshima and Nagasaki changed all that, although many Kamikazi were willing to keep on fighting.

Its frightening isn’t it, kamikaze pilots would have nothing on that lot if ever they were put into motion.

Actually thinking about it Buck's right, I think pre-war Japan makes for a far more apt comparison than Nazi Germany, in the sense that like N. Korea, they had turned the head of state into a deity, and had turned nationalism into a religion.