North Korea, over the top/hilarious ?

I think they saw the reaction to Di's death and thought it was the done thing

I recall the scenes of mass crap when Dodo and princess Dead snuffed it.

The crowd seem to miss Dodo out a bit but they were really into pointless crap about her.

That was all done without state 'help' as no one would have been shot for not being interested.

North Korea is handy as it shows the world what happens when extremists get hold of power. It really doesn't matter if they're left, right or religious, they all end up killing 'enemies of the state' and leaving their country in a mess.

I recall the scenes of mass crap when Dodo and princess Dead snuffed it.

The crowd seem to miss Dodo out a bit but they were really into pointless crap about her.

That was all done without state 'help' as no one would have been shot for not being interested.

North Korea is handy as it shows the world what happens when extremists get hold of power. It really doesn't matter if they're left, right or religious, they all end up killing 'enemies of the state' and leaving their country in a mess.

I tend to agree, but I think the Di case shows that one doesn't have to live in a dictatorship to feel the strength of that society's propaganda. All the more remarkable for the lack of guns, if you ask me

Edited by splodgeyAl

I tend to agree, but I think the Di case shows that one doesn't have to live in a dictatorship to feel the strength of that society's propaganda. All the more remarkable for the lack of guns, if you ask me

Sorry I must be missing something ……… how does a orderly queue of mourners paying their respects compare to crowds of people howling and crying while throwing themselves on the floor in some form of mass hysteria,

Sorry I must be missing something ……… how does a orderly queue of mourners paying their respects compare to crowds of people howling and crying while throwing themselves on the floor in some form of mass hysteria,
Yeah, I think you're right. They differ mostly by the footage shown to you

We're not allowed to visit North Korea, because we're English. Ask their embassy. :loopy:

I read eastern media too. The Japanese & South Koreans don't like the North Korean government much either.

I understand you can visit but have to go via China and you must leave all comms gear (mobiles etc) at the border.

You have to be guided by a party member and can't go anywhere alone.

That info is well out of date and based on some idiot that intended to visit so could well be wrong.

The footage is what the North Koreans are putting out, its their official line on it, when the Queen dies can you see 1 million people lining up in perfect lines all bowing their heads in unison.
The estimated 3 million that went to Di's may not have bowed in unison, but as I said before, the fact that nobody forced those 3 million to attend the funeral of someone they never met, says something about the state of our collective minds.

If you don't want to acknowledge that, then I'm happy to let this thread return to the "let's take the mick out of the funny asians" that it was always intended to be