Best shop for new TV and guarentee ?

Costco if you have or can get a card their TVs come with a 5 yr guarantee , apparantley if it cant be repaired they just give you your money back :)

Audiovision in killamarsh. Alot if their tvs come with 5 year warranty. Good service too.

I bought a Sony Bravia from Richer sounds in two days it developed a pixel blow out, they offered an exchange if i took it back to Nottingham(where i got it from). After the exchange this tv lasted 4 days before 2 pixels blew. They had no more Sony's in stock.

The store expected me to return the tv again to get a refund, or i could take it back to Sheffield wait for it to be credited back to the Notts store for a refund or order another one.

In the end i rang the customer services team who arranged for an alternate tv to be delivered and the knackered one taken away.

In the beginning the prices were good and in the end things worked out great but in the middle I was completely peed off at the non help i got.

A little off topic, but wouldn't it be a good idea if tv sets had the Sky handset tuning code stuck on the back?

Bestbuy are closing down and have lots of great deals like an ISIS 40" LCD TV for £249. however they are closing down all their UK stored so i'm guessing the guarantee may be a bit of a nightmare

We got one from Richer sounds about 5 years ago. It ws the best price on offer, the staff were lovely and helpful and the extended warranty was a lot cheaper than anywhere else. There was a really good choice too :)

I bought a Sony Bravia from Richer sounds in two days it developed a pixel blow out, they offered an exchange if i took it back to Nottingham(where i got it from). After the exchange this tv lasted 4 days before 2 pixels blew. They had no more Sony's in stock.

The store expected me to return the tv again to get a refund, or i could take it back to Sheffield wait for it to be credited back to the Notts store for a refund or order another one.

In the end i rang the customer services team who arranged for an alternate tv to be delivered and the knackered one taken away.

In the beginning the prices were good and in the end things worked out great but in the middle I was completely peed off at the non help i got.

Sorry you had such a bed time with your TV but your experiences with Richer sounds are lot lot better than mine with Currys when they sold us an absolute pile of s**t a few years ago! :hihi:

costco - 10 yr garentee on most electronic stuff

Williams at Crystal Peaks or Woodseats offer a 5 year guarantee, also they used to price match, not sure if they still do. Also as someone said Audiovision at Killamarsh is a good shop, I got 5 year warranty free delivery and installation. Have a look at M & S a friend got a set from there with built in dvd with a free 5 year warranry.

costco - 10 yr garentee on most electronic stuff

Where's costco?

Sorry you had such a bed time with your TV but your experiences with Richer sounds are lot lot better than mine with Currys when they sold us an absolute pile of s**t a few years ago! :hihi:

Thanks again for all replies. One place I won't be going is Curry's - when they delivered my mothers fridge-freezer they dumped it in the doorway and just left it leaving an 80 year old with no way of moving it, and unable to close her main door.

Funnily enough, having spent the last few days looking round, I have noticed that a TV at Dixons that was a bargain went UP £70 in the sale, and similarly at Argos, price changed from £180 to £249.

Will have a look at M&S and Williams, but looks like a straight choice between Richer and John Lewis.

Thank you.

Depending where you live - you might want to try Crampton & Moore at Ecclesfield - excellent service and very knowledgeable.

That's where my telly came from, as above excellent service.

Angel.