Anyone see this yesterday in primark (meadowhall)??

My youngest son was with me when this happened....my son wanted to go and give the mother a slap back, but i held him back and said this could get you into trouble if you did the same. He says he remembers her face and would keep an eye if he sees her again. She needs to have the social workers to visit her. Just wish i knew her as i would phone the everyday untill they got her kid off her!!!!

You're making it sound like the woman savagely beat her child with a lead pipe.

I'd be more worried that your son is the type of person who needs physically restraining in a shop to stop him attacking women. Maybe you need to take a look at your own parenting skills

because then the child knows all it has to do is kick up a fuss and it gets what it wants, jesus christ

That is assuming all the child wanted to do is keep the coat on, some children do naughty things to get reactions from the parent, by taking the tag off the coat the childs behaviour is being ignored. Surely that's a better way to deal with the situation than giving onlookers a show of terrible parenting and violence. :rolleyes:

And an example of terrible parenting.

Not as terrible as slapping a child around the face, it would have calmed the situation. You are forgetting the woman let the child try on the coat then walk around the shop in it, then when they got to the till she expected the child to take the coat off.

Do you have children?

Edited by mrs gough

Another do-gooder I assume, one of the reasons why kids today have no respect. I was brought up with respect and disciplined accordingly, including getting a pasting for being naught. Never did me, or my kids any harm.

And people wonder why we're in such a mess today. Even the schools are fearful of kids these days! :rant:

I couldn't agree more :nod:

hi i dont know if anyone else so this but when i was standing in the que yesterday evening i so a woman with her 2 children (i believe), they were asians, they where standing far in front and when they got to the till the mum bought 1 of the little girls a red coat and the little girl didnt want to take it off to get it scanned and payed for, so the mother gave her a slap accross the face and the little girl started crying. I felt so sorry for this little girl. I didnt know what to do apart from feel sorry for the little girl.

I suspect that the chances of this being read by anyone who was at the same place and at the same time as you is very small.

Another do-gooder I assume, one of the reasons why kids today have no respect. I was brought up with respect and disciplined accordingly, including getting a pasting for being naught. Never did me, or my kids any harm.

And people wonder why we're in such a mess today. Even the schools are fearful of kids these days! :rant:

I applaud you.

J have read with nterest the post on the subject, i have 3 children ages 28, 24 and 19 and have never used physical punishment whilst they were growing up, am i a saint certainly not cause they have been times i could have throttled them but they have all become wonderful balanced adults and the older daughter is a fantastic mother to her 2 children again without using physical punishment, but before you all think im being a smug begger let me tell you i work with children that have had trouble in their homes and am amazed at the parents of thinking IT WAS ONLY A SMACK their my kids i can do what i want, the cycle has to be broken and we have to protect the children.

rant over

Edited by helenb1966

A slap across the face is on the harsh side though, especially for not taking off a coat. I was chastised as a child if I misbehaved and I agree that as a punishment it is an effective tool. However I'm not sure a pasting is ever appropriate. I suppose it depends on your definition of a pasting since I would associate it with quite a severe beating.

I agree with the comments about the McDs force feeder though. It's a shame parents like him can't be given a pasting for their bad behaviour towards their own kids.

I concur..

spare the rod and spoil the child

Or in other words, you fully agree with and support the physical abuse of children. Lets all just slap each other when we annoy each other. It's the best way to sort anything out

hi i dont know if anyone else so this but when i was standing in the que yesterday evening i so a woman with her 2 children (i believe), they were asians, they where standing far in front and when they got to the till the mum bought 1 of the little girls a red coat and the little girl didnt want to take it off to get it scanned and payed for, so the mother gave her a slap accross the face and the little girl started crying. I felt so sorry for this little girl. I didnt know what to do apart from feel sorry for the little girl.

If more of the indigenous population did the same, maybe society wouldn't be so far up the creek as it is now?

A good clip round the ear never did me any harm.

However I am now serving several life sentences for serial killing - & I also prefer corduroy trousers to jeans