ITV 1 HD on Sky in Sheffield

Does anyone else pick up the local news for the Granada region when watching ITV 1 HD?

I have phoned sky and they were going to send out a different signal but after numerous calls we are still stuck with Manchester ads.....I am getting frustrated at me explaning and the person on the phone taking ages to catch on to what I mean!

Anyone else have this or did have it and have sorted it?

Thanks

Does anyone else pick up the local news for the Granada region when watching ITV 1 HD?

I have phoned sky and they were going to send out a different signal but after numerous calls we are still stuck with Manchester ads.....I am getting frustrated at me explaning and the person on the phone taking ages to catch on to what I mean!

Thanks

Can you not just watch the normal itv1 for the news?

That's because ITV 1HD on Sky doesn't yet have all the regions. Untill more transponders come free on the Astra satalites the ITV1 HD service will be limited to these super regions. I can't remember exactly off the top of my head but there are roughly only 3 or 4 ITV1 HD variations across the country at the moment. (I think they are London, South, Central & North with Scotland being another seperate region)

This is nothing to do with Sky having you against the wrong region etc..... To watch local news on BBC and ITV you have to watch the SD versions of BBC1 and ITV1 and not BBC1 HD or ITV1 HD

Hope that helps.

Cheers

Dave.

Edited by WaveyDavey

As Dave says, there is no yorkshire version of ITV1 HD. You will have to watch in SD.

Thanks

i wish i only had some manc adverts to worry about!!

i wish i only had some manc adverts to worry about!!

Hmmmm here we go......shall I play my little violin just for you! :roll:

I could list my real problems in my life if you like. But I am not one to moan :hihi:

Really though I only wanted to know why, I have my answer thank you :) It was something that mildly frustrated me not exactly my top priority! Sky didnt tell me that and so I posted on here, really just to see if anyone in Sheffield did.

I have freesat, and live in Chesterfield. I get Yorkshire tv on ITV1 but if I watch ITV+1 I get Granada!

i have problem with BBC. On freeview downstairs built in tv i get look north Sheffield (well, leeds) but on freeview box upstairs i get the one for the Humber?????????

We are in Sheffield 8 and also get Granada for ITV1 HD and no local news at all for BBC1HD. Also when its windy we find it very difficult to watch anything now we are digital cos the signal goes haywire and the picture pixelates all the time! Very annoying.!

You can add additional channels, services add channels. I think TV decides to connect to the best signal not necessarily where you want it to connect.

If you google, there is lots of help available.

We are in Sheffield 8 and also get Granada for ITV1 HD and no local news at all for BBC1HD.

Please see my reply above. :wink:

Cheers

Dave.

I've had a massive dish on the side of my house and a box thing that enables me to get my German channels (as well as Dutch...) as well as my Virgin Media TiVo box. I can get most regions 'local' news channels when I go on the programme list - even the Scottish ones.