Cheap mechanic - Crack ABS ring

Trev

Can anyone recommend a good, cheap mechanic to replace a cracked ABS ring on a Clio Sport. My local garage said they'd need to replace the whole driveshaft, however, i've been told the abs rings can be tapped on/off and only cost a couple of quid!

I'm in S13 but can take the car to where ever it needs to be, assuming its in or around Sheffield.

Edited by Trev

Just had one done on a Primera - cost £80 for full CV kit including 1 hour labour. Yes you can replace just the ABS sensor ring (see link) but it's labour intensive. If you're using a garage and so paying by the hour it's more usual and probably cheaper to have a CV kit fitted. The bonus is that then you know the cv joint, boot, drive shaft stub and, of course, the factory fitted ABS sensor ring, are new.

http://www.evilution.co.uk/453

Edited by spartacus
clarity

• 1 month later...
i can change it for you for 20£ labor (change only abs ring ) call me 07523973649

The job has already been badly done with costly consequences by another mobile "mechanic" who refused to put right a bodged up job .I hope your mechanical skills are better that your spelling.

im a fully qualified mechanic (nvq level 3) and can change the part if you come to me in in s6 hillsborough for £35 this includes the removal of your old abs ring and fitting of the new 1 but you will have to supply the abs ring, or if u wish i can supply it but it will go on top of the bill many thanks aaron

im a fully qualified mechanic (nvq level 3) and can change the part if you come to me in in s6 hillsborough for £35 this includes the removal of your old abs ring and fitting of the new 1 but you will have to supply the abs ring, or if u wish i can supply it but it will go on top of the bill many thanks aaron

how are you with timing belts?, i have a 406 diesel, 1.9 turbo, i have had the job done twice in the last six months, (cost a bit as well). and in both incidents they have said the belt has slipped. runs but no power and sounds horrible. i am not keen on taking it back to the place again,

Can anyone recommend a good, cheap mechanic to replace a cracked ABS ring on a Clio Sport. My local garage said they'd need to replace the whole driveshaft, however, i've been told the abs rings can be tapped on/off and only cost a couple of quid!

I'm in S13 but can take the car to where ever it needs to be, assuming its in or around Sheffield.

Trev your inbox is full, I've tried sending you a PM with a price and some advice.