High Greave pub

It had a sign on it today when i passed saying John Heaths I didn't know the pub had gone till today

It was also a polling station at the last election, you may be pleased to note that the boxes to put your vote in were the normal shape.

It was also a polling station at the last election, you may be pleased to note that the boxes to put your vote in were the normal shape.

It was, as that is where I had to vote but the turn out was.....well dead

I went in the greave for many years started early 70s, landlord then was a little fat bloke think his name was Eric, that was before the extension went on, the pub then was half sized. Then a bloke called Terry took over with his wife Flo, I moved and stopped going in then, remember loads of lads from that era as I lived just up the road

I went in the greave for many years started early 70s, landlord then was a little fat bloke think his name was Eric, that was before the extension went on, the pub then was half sized. Then a bloke called Terry took over with his wife Flo, I moved and stopped going in then, remember loads of lads from that era as I lived just up the road

The first Landlord and Landlady in the new High Greave were Arthur and Agnes Gregory, who had been licencees at the old High Greave. They had a son called Eric, who stood in for them from time to time. However Eric (my neighbour) was not fat at all. Perhaps there was another Eric though.

the eric I'm on about was there about 1970 he went to a pub in stanington