Great news, Halal and Kosher to be banned by the Dutch

Commenting and demanding a ban on a process which will you choose not to describe nor post any links to sees a little pointless.

I daresay that if you took an average man off the street into ANY meat processing plant, battery farm or slaughterhouse they would scream exactly the same thing.

Conveyor belt killing of any living creature for the purposes of consumption can be described as barbaric and inhumane not just the halal method but this is the price we pay for our mass consumption of food without generally giving a flying fig where it comes from.

I appreciate that there are plenty out there who will look for free range, organic, non halal no kosher etc etc.. BUT, whenever companies still sell food products for pennies and religions still exist nothing is going ot change that.

Ban one and you will have to ban them all.

As I stated in my post, in my opinion it is not suitable to post a link to it on here. It's barbaric, and it's horrible, the animals are CLEARLY in pain as you see them struggling to stand up while death takes them. I have a stomach as strong as any, but this filthy act turned my stomach.

---------- Post added 21-05-2016 at 22:11 ----------

According to this

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/humane

Synonyms for "Humane" are:-

merciful, kind, kindly, kindhearted, tender, compassionate, gentle, sympathetic; benevolent, benignant, charitable.

None of which seem apt when killing anything, wether you say a prayer afterwards or not.

However killing things and eating them is what the majority of us do, and I think the method of "dispatch" is mostly irrelevant (In this country anyway).

No it is not irrelevant, it an abomination, done to satisfy "religious" beliefs. As far as I am concerned it is carried on OUTSIDE the laws of this Country and as such should be banned asap.

I have drafted a letter to my MP and also to the RSPSA pointing out this act is illegal - in this Country. I look forward to their replies, which if forthcoming I will post on here.

Angel1.

As I stated in my post, in my opinion it is not suitable to post a link to it on here. It's barbaric, and it's horrible, the animals are CLEARLY in pain as you see them struggling to stand up while death takes them. I have a stomach as strong as any, but this filthy act turned my stomach.

---------- Post added 21-05-2016 at 22:11 ----------

No it is not irrelevant, it an abomination, done to satisfy "religious" beliefs. As far as I am concerned it is carried on OUTSIDE the laws of this Country and as such should be banned asap.

I have drafted a letter to my MP and also to the RSPSA pointing out this act is illegal - in this Country. I look forward to their replies, which if forthcoming I will post on here.

Angel1.

Either way the animals are killed & eaten, I don't really see much difference.

Afterall they are animals & not people, and their nett contribution for their life is to be eaten eventually.

Either way they end up dead, as we all will at some point.

(Crosser Butty with Mustard anyone?) ;-)

Either way the animals are killed & eaten, I don't really see much difference.

Afterall they are animals & not people, and their nett contribution for their life is to be eaten eventually.

Either way they end up dead, as we all will at some point.

(Crosser Butty with Mustard anyone?) ;-)

Question is if you was to end up dead would you prefer it to be quick and painless of slow and painful.

It would make a lot of difference during the painful faze of your death.

But I'd hardly be able to complain about it would I?

I'd be dead, and you don't get more final than that.

Is there a "nice" way to die?

I doubt it, but on the other hand living a nice life should make up for it.

But I'd hardly be able to complain about it would I?

I'd be dead, and you don't get more final than that.

Is there a "nice" way to die?

I doubt it, but on the other hand living a nice life should make up for it.

Think about it another way, someone you love is dying, would you rather they die without pain, or would it make no difference to you if they spend their last moments writhing in agony?

Think about it another way, someone you love is dying, would you rather they die without pain, or would it make no difference to you if they spend their last moments writhing in agony?

Excellent argument for euthanasia Sutty, I agree that euthanasia should be available too!

Excellent argument for euthanasia Sutty, I agree that euthanasia should be available too!

I know we are going off the subject but I also think euthanasia should be legalised in this country. I wonder how many countries in the EU allow this practic.