Followed by an unmarked police car

But you're intimidated because a car is following you - not because it is a police car.

So report the offending vehicle.

Even if it was a marked police car, this kind of behaviour is unacceptable.

They should just have stopped and asked your name and address and what you were doing.

Not behaving like some latterday Popeye O'Doyle.

What, defeat the police's objective of putting innocent people under surveillance? :confused:

Mm, so when they investigate a crime, be it murder, mugging, theft ....

and they don't know who did it....... they should concentrate only on the person who did it ? :loopy:

Mm, so when they investigate a crime, be it murder, mugging, theft ....

and they don't know who did it....... they should concentrate only on the person who did it ? :loopy:

What a lot of people ought to do before replying to this thread is put themselves into the same scenario, what would be their first thought, being followed by a strange car that follows you, passes you and then turns around and continues to do this. In this day and age you hear of too many muggings and violence to think any other than what alas_alas may have thought at that time.

What a lot of people ought to do before replying to this thread is put themselves into the same scenario

That's the worst thing they could do. They would then be basing their opinions on fear and emotion instead of sensible discussion.

What a lot of people ought to do before replying to this thread is put themselves into the same scenario, what would be their first thought, being followed by a strange car that follows you, passes you and then turns around and continues to do this. In this day and age you hear of too many muggings and violence to think any other than what alas_alas may have thought at that time.

What on earth gave you the impression that I had not imagined myself in that senario and thought how I might have felt??

What on earth gave you the impression that I had not imagined myself in that senario and thought how I might have felt??

Sorry was not getting at you, I was just giving an opinion that people should put themselves in that position and think what they would have thought about a strange car following them, passing them and doing u turns etc.

That's the worst thing they could do. They would then be basing their opinions on fear and emotion instead of sensible discussion.

If your going to reply to my post then qoute the full post and not edit it to your own needs, and let people judge it in the contex it was meant.

Sorry was not getting at you, I was just giving an opinion that people should put themselves in that position and think what they would have thought about a strange car following them, passing them and doing u turns etc.

Well if you are not directing your comment at me then please don't put me in quotes?

thanks for your reply, some wouldn't bother :cool:

The police are failing to do their job by advising you unlawfully it was an unmarked police car.

It's none of your business who the driver is or who the car belongs too,so they are mistaken in advising you as such.

It is if these clowns drive up your backside like i have had in the past they could be the next Kenneth Noye for all you know?:roll:

If your going to reply to my post then qoute the full post

That would be a waste of bandwidth. The whole of your idea can be summed up by the original sentence.

If you are followed by a strange car - big deal! There is no law in the UK (or where I live) which prohibits anybody from driving down a public highway (Or, for that matter, from driving down a public road.)

If you would like to have the law changed, please tell us why?

What, defeat the police's objective of putting innocent people under surveillance? :confused:

No - defeat the object of surveillance per say .