Need help! Iconic Sheffield brands.

hi what a good idea to leave tokens from sheffield, but beware of cutlery we won a full canteen of cutlery on a well known morning tv show. it stated that the cutlery was a viners set But viners cutlery as with many others is no longer made in sheffield but korea they were stamed viners BUT they didnt have made in sheffield. what about a letter opener or pocket knife there used to be a shop on surey street that was called the sheffield shopyou could try there. but please make sure what you buy as made in sheffield stamped on it

hi what a good idea to leave tokens from sheffield, but beware of cutlery we won a full canteen of cutlery on a well known morning tv show. it stated that the cutlery was a viners set But viners cutlery as with many others is no longer made in sheffield but korea they were stamed viners BUT they didnt have made in sheffield. what about a letter opener or pocket knife there used to be a shop on surey street that was called the sheffield shopyou could try there. but please make sure what you buy as made in sheffield stamped on it

Hey thanks for that!

It's such a pity Sheffield cutlery aint on most dinner tables around the world(as it once was) I do have this habit of when i dine out of checking the cutlery for Sheffield markings!Alas, i seldom find it.:(

I was surprised to find out on here that Thorntons is a Sheffield brand!

Is that with or without your hat on?

I can spin a Sombrero on the end of a certain part of my anatomy!;)

Hey thanks for that!

It's such a pity Sheffield cutlery aint on most dinner tables around the world(as it once was) I do have this habit of when i dine out of checking the cutlery for Sheffield markings!Alas, i seldom find it.:(

I was surprised to find out on here that Thorntons is a Sheffield brand!

Oh well. With the amount of stuff that is produced for the MOD in Sheffield. I would think that plenty of Sheffield's steel finds itself scattered all over the world, without mentioning cutlery...

Buy some albums of the following:

Arctic Monkeys

Babybird

Heaven 17

Human League

Joe Cocker

Mike and the Mechanics

Pulp

Hope that helps.

little shop on surrey st down the side of the town hall, they sell cutlery made in sheffield.

There's others too: one on West Street, near Co-op Bank; and another on Ecclesall Road, just up from Tesco.

What about Marti Caine? Anyone remember her?

Yes, a great act and witty with it. Her agent, Johnny Peller, died just a few weeks ago.

I can spin a Sombrero on the end of a certain part of my anatomy!;)

Pinnochio !!!! :hihi: